Fixed term | 6 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED Horn of Africa
ACTED is supporting man-made and natural disasters-affected populations in the Horn of Africa by delivering emergency aid and strengthening their resilience. Projects are designed according to the populations’ needs and include activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, lifesaving cash transfer programmes, camp coordination and camp management, as well as shelter and non-food items activities.
You will be in charge: Horn of Africa: CCCM Projects Coordinator – Hargeisa
The Project Coordinator ensures all projects in his/her sector run in a smooth and cost-efficient manner and in compliance with ACTED’s and donors’ procedures and legal requirements.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Planning;
- Project Implementation Follow-up;
- Project Quality Control;
- Implementing Partners;
- External Relations.
Administrative and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Implementing Partners.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Salary between 2500 and 2700€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- R&R every 3 months, flight tickets covered up to $500 and allowance of $200
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the reference: PC CCCM/HoA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Mali: Responsable Suivi et Evaluation (MEAL) – Bamako at ACTED
- Niger: Responsable Finance Pays – Niamey at ACTED
- Coordinateur.rice Technique Protection – Kinshasa at ACTED
- Mali : Coordinateur.rice Technique Nutrition et Santé – Koro at ACTED
- Tchad: Responsable de Projets Education – Bol at ACTED