The Human Resources & Administration Manager is responsible for ensuring that HR management strategy and functions are carried out effectively within the Kenya Country Office, in order to achieve the organization’s business objectives. Responsible to ensure that the HR policies and practices are understood and applied effectively, fairly and cost efficiently throughout the office. To be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing essential HR Management, Employee Information management and HR administrative and operational systems within the country and to enable the team function smoothly and effectively.
• Compliance with Christian Aid policies, procedures and standards especially in the areas of HR management, Employee Information Management, HR Administration, and general HR operational systems in the office
• Effective and efficient HR processes and systems in place and maintained throughout the country office and for managing relationships with relevant partners and external suppliers.
• High quality advice provided to staff, managers and leadership on issues related to HR compliance and correct procedures including but not limited to record keeping/filing, recruitments, induction, performance management, employee relations and exit processes.
• Accurate maintenance of records, data and HR systems relating to office HR administration and operations, including the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and fulfilment of all Christian Aid procedural requirements.
• Effective and efficient HR support within the employee life cycle, ensuring supportive systems that include legal, office environment, health, safety & security, quality management of contracts, local HR procurements and provision of first line HR technical support.
• Ensures adequate local inductions and onboarding is provided for new staff based on relevant CA policies and guidelines, as well as country specific requirements.
Ensures the Country office is in compliance with local Legislation (including labour and operational laws of a country).
• Effective procurement and management of external suppliers to agreed service level agreements through effective relationship management.
• Recruitment, management and development of high performing team who are meeting their objectives.
• Creation of awareness of HR policies to staff, staff provided with training on relevant HR operational systems, coordination of learning initiatives and provision of support in organisational staff survey initiatives.
• Support provided to leadership in change management initiatives
• Manage day-to-day office operations; oversee and coordinate overall office activities and provide administrative support to the executive leadership
• Manage relationship with facilities management; coordinate office maintenance and support needs
• Supervise the acquisition and maintenance of computer equipment and office supplies
• Serve as the main point of contact with Christian Aid outsourced IT services provider(s) to ensure all end-user computer and related IT needs are addressed in a timely manner
• Identify and oversee services with commercial vendors for all of Christian Aid HR and administration requirements
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
• University degree in Human resource, Administration or equivalent qualification/higher diploma and membership of a professional body
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in HR management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development.
• Well-developed communication skills, including an ability to interface directly with vendors, suppliers and service providers and considerable ability and experience in writing reports and business correspondence
• Self-aware, builds personal credibility and an excellent role model as a people manager; adaptable and flexible to varying business/operating contexts
• Thorough knowledge of contract management and procurement processes
• Understanding of financial controls and procedures
• Understanding of Human Resource processes and knowledge of appropriate policies and procedures for recruiting, developing, and evaluating performance of employees to retain a diverse workforce and contracting of consultants.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in administering business processes and operation systems including health and safety protocols.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to gain co-operation and work in a team
• Detail oriented with strong follow through and a focus on execution.
• High level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters.
• An understanding of data protection and the need for confidentiality
• Experience of managing and developing a team of HR staff.
• Self motivated and with an ability to manage a wider range of complicated issues.
• Experience in local and international security protocols
• Proven experience of producing data accurately.
• Experience working in multi-cultural work settings
• Good skills in training facilitation a plus
How to apply
To apply ; ChristianAid | Careers
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Head of Programmes (South Sudan) at Polish Humanitarian Action – Polska Akcja Humanitarna
- Protection Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Deputy Chief of Party at Chemonics
- Area Programme Manager Nigeria Jos (Nationals only) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Transport Planner at The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy