Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- The HR Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff in the Nigeria office. The HR Officer will work in close collaboration with the global HR team ensuring compliance with local and global HR policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhering to all AHSF policies in force, promoting their applications and ensuring compliance with local labour law as well as with AHSF HR internal processes
- Acting as the primary point of contact for HR matters and handle HR related queries from staff to resolution or escalation as necessary.
- Responsibility for all HR and Admin related communications to the office, under the supervision of the Head of Operations.
- Working closely with the global HR team to keep track of new positions, contributing actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implementing them.
- Liaising with the global HR team to ensure offer letters and contracts are prepared and issued in a timely manner
- Responsibility for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new staff ensuring that induction plans are signed off and filed in the staff personal file.
- Monitoring probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Helping to draft employment letter and contract addendum under global HR team guidance and supervision
- Responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR Administration local processes
- Tracking attendance, leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organisational requirements
- Working with the Head of Operations and global HR team members to support projects within the organisation e.g the Staff Engagement Survey / development of the HR system, etc
- Maintain up-to-date assets/inventory register and an efficient record/storage of all office supplies and fixed assets.
- Manage filing and archiving of all financial and administrative documents.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment; liaise with landlords on rented properties.
- Supervise cleaners and cooks.
- Support field logistics including staff and consultant travels, training/workshop logistics, hotel reservations, and airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- Record and circulate minutes of staff meetings.
- Ensure weekly briefings and update with all team members once a week.
- Discuss security update and rules with team.
- Ensure appraisals are conducted periodically.
- Ensure dissemination of information to team members.
- Team building; ensuring each team member is carried along on the job and build individuals capacity.
- Work with program manager to identify training needs, plan and organize training and identify external training sources.
- Prepare a template of all mission training needs from each department for the year.
- Conduct training for staff internal capacity.
- Train staff on new and existing HR policies when needed.
- Identify learning platforms and inform staff to take do the training and submit soft copies of certificate to HR depart.
- Prepare all document files for audit and spot check internally and externally.
- Ensure all document relating to filling is complete and ready for request.
- Ensure filling and archiving process safety of both hard copies and soft copies of documents.
- Ensure all HR documents are archived in confidentiality.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles
- The HR and Admin Officer will be based in Sokoto / local government areas.
- Have a sound understanding of Nigerian labour law and be able to confidently apply HR management practices for the benefit of staff and management.
- Must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal, and it would be advantageous if for you to be proficient in local languages.
- In addition to the above, you should be educated to Bachelor’s degree level in Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration and/or experienced in a relevant field to an equivalent level, and have a professional HR certification such as CIPM, CIPO or its equivalent.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to AHSF the ’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
30th September 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply!
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Nutrition Assistant at Albarka Health Spring Foundation
- Clinical Supervisor at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) – 2 Openings
- Nutrition Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation
- Administrative Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- Procurement and Administration Assistant – Maternity Cover at CARE