The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant 2
Job Reference No: ABJ202200323
Career Category: Human Resources
- Under the Supervision of the HR Responsible, HR Assistant 2 is in charge of the day-to-day Human Resources administration. In line with ICRC, Delegation’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations, S/he prepares and updates documents for delivering HR services autonomously.
- S/He treats all clients (employees) with respect and provides impeccable, customer-oriented, and proactive support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- HR Focal point for any kind of leave management.
- Records all holidays for Abuja delegation employees
- Support and training all HR Assistants at the sub-sites on leave management
- Extract and share monthly holiday balance with Line Managers in Abuja Delegation and HR Assistants at the sub-sites.
- Ensure a proper follow-up is done for employee to take their holidays in good time.
- Ensures that all new employees have personnel HR files
- Conducts briefings on HR policies (incl. staff regulations) and employment conditions with all new employees.
- The first contact person for all employee questions regarding employment conditions for staff, Identity (ID) card management, staff regulations etc.
- Prepares official documents (i.e., referral letters) upon request of the employee and after validation by the HR Officer 2 or HR Manager.
- Keeps track of absence records.
- Responsible for hiring new employees on HRSpace and Strategic.
- Support the payroll officer by inputting all monthly variable on Strategic (e.g., Salary Advance, Medical Deductions, etc).
- Focal point for checking the eligibility of Salary Advance for all resident employees
- Liaise with HR Assistant to ensure all payslips are distribute at the sub-sites and Abuja.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provides general secretarial and administrative support (updating staff files and contract, handling correspondence, registration, and filing, etc.).
- Provides administrative follow-up for recruitment and training activities.
- Ensures that information on HR issues under their responsibility is shared with the rest of the delegation or sub-delegation.
- Keeps records (e.g., absences) and ensures that HR data is of quality and kept up to date, particularly regarding salary.
- May assist local or regional learning and development staff with administrative work.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in HR, Administration, or a relevant field.
- 2 – 4 years’ work experience in the HR field.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC Policies and procedures.
- Confirmed capacity to work independently.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
Desired Profile and Skills:
- High organisational and Data management skills
- Good analysis and synthesis capacities.
- Attention to details and meticulous.
- Confidential and Service-oriented.
Application Closing Date
11th Septemeber, 2022 at 16:30hrs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV), Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202200323 HR Assistant 2 ABJ” as the subject of the mail.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Specialist, Finance (Roving) at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Audit & Compliance Officer at Action Health Incorporated
- Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Inter – Regional Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Finance Assistant -Garowe – G5 – LICA Modality contract at World Health Organization