General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of around 2,500 people dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of over €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
As part of the People and Organisation Development team in GOAL HQ, the HR Business Partner – International Programmes will act as the key HR Business Partner to senior managers within their allocated region.
Working closely with the Regional Director, Country Directors, and national HR teams, the HRBP will be responsible for implementing and overseeing best practice in the areas of Employee Relations, Employee Wellbeing and Engagement, Policy Development and Improvement, People Development and Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, and Recruitment.
This is a rewarding role suited to an ambitious HR professional who thrives in a fast-paced, results-focused environment, who is flexible and team-oriented, and who is passionate about People services in the humanitarian sector.
GOAL offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, access to best-in-class HR learning platforms and the opportunity to work in an organisation where innovation and fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
Duties and responsibilities
- Promote and encourage a working culture aligned with our core values that promotes employee engagement in our country offices and among our remote staff
- Participate in formal and informal hearings/meetings, including those in the disciplinary and grievances process.
- Support line managers and in-country HR on employee relations issues
- Conduct and assist with internal investigations where necessary
Employee Wellbeing & Engagement
- Ensure that appropriate supports are available for national, international and remote staff, working with in-house occupational wellbeing support and external providers, as appropriate
- Develop and advocate for the use of Employee Assistance Programmes and psychosocial support, including confidential self-referral mechanisms.
- Provide direct personal support to international staff e.g. illness, security incident, a critical incident in their family.
- Promote wellbeing learning supports to international staff and national HR colleagues
Policy Development and Improvement
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures, updating applicable compliance documents where appropriate and in line with best practise and current legislation.
- Ensure the rollout and monitoring of relevant GOAL global policies.
- Support the Country Management Team and in-country HR Team in policy development and implementation
Performance Management & Development
- Starting with induction, ensure new international and remote employees have access to the all the information and guidance supports needed to fulfil their roles.
- Ensure 30, 90, and 180-day objectives are set and monitored for new starters as part of the probation process
- Advise and support line managers on how to foster and develop their teams: training, promotion, on the job development
- Support and train in-country HR staff and/or senior managers in effective performance management
- Follow up probation period and performance appraisals due for international and remote staff and provide guidance to line managers and HR teams in-country.
- Support the training and development needs for all international and remote staff.
Compensation and Benefits
- Coordinate GOAL’s benefits for national, international and remote employees, ensuring equity and competitiveness in the relevant national and international markets
- Drive the annual benchmarking exercise for national staff salaries, supporting the senior managers and HR function in country
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of HR experience in a busy, demanding international HR environment at business partner level or above.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Willingness and ability to travel to GOAL countries of operation for 1 to 2 weeks at the time, several times per year as well as to HQ in Dublin, Ireland for occasional meetings (once Covid restrictions have lifted)
- A proven background and reputation as being a “Doer”, a person who executes strategy and gets things done.
- The ability to work with HR colleagues and managers across the globe to increase their HR capacity
- Must have demonstrated effective multitasking and project management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation. You will be partnering with a complex set of international stakeholders to drive organizational change and to add value to the global HR function
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skillset, having a growth mindset
- BA/BSc preferably in HR
- INGO experience
- Fluent written and spoken French
- Experience in conducting trainings and workshops
- Experience working as part of a transformation team that repositioned the HR offering
How to apply
Please Apply Here