HR Coordinator – Various Locations
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: HR Coordinator
Country: Various Locations
Duty station: //
Starting date: 15/06/2021
Contract duration: 12 months (4 months probation contract)
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Depending on the mission
Type of duty station: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
Depending on the mission.
General purpose of the position
In collaboration with the HOM, he/she contributes to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives. He/she ensures a proper and effective HR management, according to INTERSOS vision, values and Code of Ethics.
Work in close collaboration with the Area HR Coordinator to supervise all the aspects of the National staffs HR management, the definition of HR policies, and a L&D framework in order to set up the career strategy and possibilities of expatriation.
He/she coordinates the entire HR Department to ensure that INTERSOS acts as a Responsible employer, by providing a proper HR support to all departments and by assuming full responsibility of the HR Administrative issues of the Mission.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Ensure INTERSOS manages the Human Resources as a Responsible Employer
- Is responsible for all human resources management issues of the missions, ensuring they are aligned with HR policies and Responsible Employer frame
- Ensures implementation and revision of all HR Policies for international staffs adapting standard INTERSOS policies to the missions
- Works in close collaboration with the Area HR Coordinator to develop local policies defining or adapting INTERSOS standard policies to the missionsMake analysis of Human Resources needs
- Contributes to plan and define the Human Resources needs in coordination with the HOM (International and National) in the missions, analysing local capacities and supporting on identifying the optimum team set-up to properly achieve mission’s objectives and identifying key indicators in order to follow up the results, and revise the HR plan accordingly
- In coordination with the HOM defines HR strategies at the mission level for the National staffs to ensure the missions count with the capacities and competencies needed, in the short, mid and long term (recruitment, remuneration, management and learning development plans)
- Provides advice and technical expertise to the HOM and Coordinators/PMs, in order to design job profiles, organizational charts and decision-making channels for international and national positionsSupervision of local recruitment
- Identifies the best local sources of recruitment according to the needs and objectives of the missions as well as define recruitment strategy based on the analysis of labour market with the objective of recruiting professionals and people with the potential to develop within the missions/organization
- Supervises the whole recruitment process, ensuring that national staff is recruited according to the Recruitment Policyand provides support and technical advice to the different Coordinators in order to implement a fair and transparent process
Management of Human Resources (International and National)
- Defines and coordinates the internal communication policy, in collaboration with all field coordination teams, organizing personnel meetings and broadcasting INTERSOS values and vision, in order to boost team building, people commitment, active participation and adherence to INTERSOS values
- Ensures systematic briefings with all International colleagues in the mission and keep regular contacts with them
- Provides expertise to Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…)
- Facilitates the resolution of conflicts among missions staffs and looks for a viable solution in case a direct intervention is not possible
- Makes sure that cases linked to behavioural issues are prevented, detected and managed
- Ensures, in close collaboration with the relevant departments, that all international and internal movements in the missions are properly managed (visas, tickets, dates of arrival/departure, etc.) and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people
- Supports and coach as an expert all the Coordinators in their role of people managers
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Monitoring and Evaluation) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Administration) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Programme Management) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Team Leader – Analytics at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Management of International staffs
- Coordinates with Area HR Coordinator and HQ HR Administration to follow up HR policies, in particular, Rest & Recuperation, house allowance, family benefits, staff separation clearance checklist, flight booking and leaves
- Guarantees and facilitates the participation of the first missioners to the Induction in Rome HQ or in the region
Management of National staffs in collaboration with the HR Manager
- Ensures a fair and transparent Performance Review System that can eventually identify the key resources who could expatriate (temporary assignment or full expatriation)
- Follows the HR and Administration related issues at the mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.)
- Guides and supervises the HR Manager in the local implementation of a fair compensation & benefits policy in the missions in accordance to INTERSOS policies and local regulations, checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance
- Ensures a good knowledge of labour market: in terms of profiles available, level of qualifications, specificities, lead or request labour market studies and benchmarking studies
- Develops a Learning & Development policy for National Staff
Follow up of legal requirements
- Supports the HOM and the HR Managers to comply with the HR legal requirements of the Country
- Supervises and manages administrative processes for all staffs and manage conflicts (if any), in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness
- Ensures that Internal Regulation and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) respect the national labour law
- Represents INTERSOS in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for HR Administration related issues
Required profile and experience
Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations or Economics. Master in HR management is considered an asset
At least 3 years in HR positions within INGOs. Previous experience in humanitarian context (especially in Africa) is considered an asset
- Able to work independently
- People Management and Leadership
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated experience in staff coordination
- Familiar with the most relevant HR policies
- Readiness to commit and adhere to INTERSOS values, mission and vision
Fluency in English is mandatory
- Able to keep confidentiality
- Available to go the regular field visits to other field bases in Borno State
- Dynamic and flexible
- Willing to accept strict security rules (curfew, no-go zones)
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancie…
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-999-1896 – HR Coordinator”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.