NRC has been present in Nigeria since 2015 and has responded to the largest displacement waves in the country since August 2015. With a workforce of 350 national staff, and 17 international staff members and presence in key locations such as Maiduguri, and Yola Area Offices, NRC is able to respond to the needs of those affected by the conflict across North-East Nigeria. These strategic locations have allowed NRC greater reach from the north and south parts of the region and allowed NRC to contribute to bridging the gap between humanitarian aid and development cooperation, including through focusing on equitable access to basic services and strengthening the rights of displaced people and returnees. In addition to the Country Office, and the abovementioned Area Offices, NRC has sub-offices structures in Dikwa, Monguno, Damasak, Biu, Mubi, and Pulka/Gwoza.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Country HR Strategy
- Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
- Ensure that Country HR adheres to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
- Ensure compliance with the local labour law
- Training, support, control and development of HR teams
- Support and training of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
- Management of the HR team
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports
- Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all Area offices
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC
Generic professional competencies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract: 12 months
- Grade: 9 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with field visits
Find the full job description here: JD-Human Resources Administration Manager_Nigeria_21.04.2022.docx
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 10/05/2022
How to apply
If interested, please apply here.