Role: Human Resource and Admin Specialist Location: Accra, Ghana
TechnoServe Background TechnoServe works with enterprising women and men in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
Position Description TechnoServe seeks a highly skilled Senior Human Resource and Admin Coordinator as a competent advisor to senior management and all local staff, successfully rolling out TechnoServe policies and procedures, knowing when to escalate any non-compliant, or ethically questionable activities beyond local management; as well as oversee administrative functions. S/he will oversee the overall administration of the program and will be responsible for program administration including planning, managing, and implementing the procedures and processes for procurement of good, works and services
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and/or update the local Employee Handbook, in collaboration with the HRBP.
- Lead the annual performance review process to provide training and ensure evaluations are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop and implement disciplinary actions, in collaboration with the HRBP
- Conduct exit interviews with departing staff.
- Help roll out salary scales in collaboration with the HRBP.
- Assist with local ethics investigations.
- Manage all local recruitment and partner with HQ HR on international hires
- Manage all aspects of local payroll, including regularly ensuring compliance with local labor laws and tax regulations.
- Manage all aspects of leave administration.
- Manage all aspects of existing local benefit plans, including vendor management and invoicing.
- Manage all aspects of hiring new staff including contract templates, required paperwork and new hire orientations.
- Manage all staff exits, including severance, if applicable, and other exit payments and releases.
- Communication and enforcement of HR policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of HQ HRIS protocols including timely and accurate entries; secure storage of other personnel information / files required by local laws
- Proactively and confidentially manage all employee relations issues, including CD and/or HRBP as appropriate.
- Help manage work authorization issues related to international staff assigned to the country office.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions
- Ensure the preparation and follow-up of procurement plan approvals for both Country Office operations
- Prepare or review bidding documents and requests for proposals.
- Ensure/supervise the preparation and dissemination of tenders and manage/coordinate all aspects of the tender/proposal evaluation process in consultation with the Project Manager and Country Director depending on the source of funding
- Facilitate logistics arrangements such as travel and fleet management
- Perform administrative tasks as needed to ensure TechnoServe adheres to local legal and statutory requirements
- Support the preparation and submission of key procurement documents, including purchase requisitions, advance requests, expense reconciliations, and other documents, as necessary
- Assume responsibility for document filing and develop office administrative procedures
- Draft correspondence including reports, processes, and other administrative documents
- Facilitate payments to suppliers, based on approval and authorization by the Country Director and Program Manager
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events and conference calls.
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure TechnoServe adheres to local legal and statutory requirements, as required
- Support project event planning and logistics, as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organization Psychology, Social Sciences, LLB).
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field or other Human Resource qualification/certification is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resource Management, preferably with an international NGO
- Computer literacy with excellent MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Good knowledge of computer tools, including experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality
- Solutions oriented; Ability to identify and understand issues and triangulate information to draw conclusions and develop appropriate solutions.
- Desired Skills
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
- Engages people and empowers them to deliver on promises
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Ability to analyze complex issues and propose solutions
- Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out solutions
- Passionate about knowledge learning and sharing
Closing statements for all TechnoServe job postings: We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes. We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks. If you have a disability that prevents you from using our online system to apply for a job at TechnoServe, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call +1 202 785 4515.