Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Wuse, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring ofqualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Person should have;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of Nine (9) years of human resource management NGOexperiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated success in an NGO environments is an advantage..
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Verbal and witten communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal , negoitation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill.
- Ability to priortize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Abuja and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps