Pro-Health International (PHI) is a Nigerian indigenous, faith-based, non-profit, non-governmental and community-focused organization that was established 30 years ago. The vision of PHI is to improve the health of Africans especially those in rural, hard-to-reach and under-served communities. This is done through collaborations and partnerships with governments at all levels, philanthropic organizations, national and international donor agencies, to provide free health care, HIV/AIDS comprehensive care and treatment projects, public health emergency interventions, Intyerventions targeted towards orphans and vulnerable children and capacity building.PHI is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria as a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.Providing counseling on policies and procedures.Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- The HR Officer who will support the recruitment process, develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to all employees of the organization.
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Develop training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, certification etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc / B.A Degree in Business Administration, Social Studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus.
- 3 – 6 years work experience.
- Proven experience as HR officer orother relevant HR positions.
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- HR Credentials certification with the CIPM is required and other relevant HR Certification will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Disclaimer Clause:This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity: Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps