Nuru Nigeria is a local non for profit and non-governmental organisation working in rural areas of Northeast Nigeria. To build a resilience corridor through nutrition-sensitive regenerative agribusiness programming. Nuru Nigeria’s core approach is especially sustainable community-led, community-driven profitable farmer organisations. We are an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination. We also are keen on harnessing talents that embody our values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa (Yola Administrative Office with some visits to various field sites)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: HR Officers, Admin Officer and Procurement Officer
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of renewal based on proven performance and availability of funds
Summary of Role
- The HR and admin manager would be responsible for leading the general administration of Nuru Nigeria’s activities as it relates to human resource management and administration. Ensure employee retention, fairness and equity across the organisation.
- The HR and admin manager shall develop monthly payroll and ensure necessary deductions and reimbursements are processed against staff accounts
- Implementing and revising HR policies and compensation programs, including annual salary benchmarking
- Lead the implementation of 360 degreesPerformance Management and appraisal system for employees. Ensure that all employees are aware of their quarterly priorities in line with development plans and NN’s OKRs.
- Advise/recommend on a need basis revision of personnel policies and procedures
- Ensure proper benefits administration and record keeping/tracking systems are in place
- Facilitate recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads, setting interview panels, reviewing JDs and discussions on salary administration.
- Ensure that recruitment is conducted in a very transparent manner.
- Facilitate the formulation of the annual procurement plan; guide on issues and enhance planning for the procurement of goods and services.
- For procurement of significant value: provide vendors sourcing list, mandatory technical review and negotiate terms with the supplier
- Review, update and build up standardised contract terms for the procurement of various goods/services.
- Oversee and ensure proper coordination of employees’ travel and logistical needs.
- Manage employee grievances
- Master’s Degree in Administration, related field or its equivalent
- At least seven years of experience in Human Resources and Admin Management
- Experience managing compensation, HR records, contract and high-level confidential information
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, leadership, creative problem-solving, and ethical management;
- Strong data analysis and report writing skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A broad and deep understanding of the policies and grant agreements as well as regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in HR and Admin management or program development.
- Prior knowledge of Nigerian regulations as it relates to procurement and personnel management
- Strong skills in negotiation, contract and supply chain management
- Strong problem-solving, highly detail-oriented and analytic skills
- Ability to meet juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively within a complex structured team
- Good collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone;
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships.
- Team-oriented; able to effectively respond to routine situations involving several university constituencies;
- Ability to provide ideas and recommendations to resolve routine issues
- High level of integrity and commitment to professional responsibilities
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation range is NGN8,640,000 – NGN10,080,000 subject to statutory deductions
- 18 working days of paid leave, 15 Days of paternity leave and 120 calendar days of paid annual leave
- 13th-month remuneration up to 70% of monthly gross
- Capacity development opportunities
- Conducive work environment
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Lettert to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Field Support Assistant at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- MHPSS Associate at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Communications Specialist , USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program at DAI Global
- Protection Associate at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
- Finance and Reporting Officer at International Organization for Migration