Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management (HoRM) of IOM Somalia, and under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer (HRO) of IOM Somalia in Nairobi, and administrative supervision of Senior Human Resources Assistant in Mogadishu, the HR Assistant will perform routine and specialized Administrative and Human Resource tasks. Key objectives of the role include ensuring administrative and personnel accountability and implementing clear, efficient procedures for routine processing tasks. In particular, he/she will:
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Involve in recruitment process for National staff, draft vacancy, shortlist of applications, arrangement of interviews, reference checks, and participate as a panel member for the interview.
- Keep track of all active staff in employment, maintain and initiate Personnel Administration (PA) changes for staff who are entitled to change in contract types in accordance with IOM Unified Staff Regulations and Rules (USRR), In coordination with the Senior HR Assistant and HRO.
- Maintain and update all attendances, overtime/compensatory leave, sick/annual leave records of all staff in Somalia and give reports to supervisors as and when required.
- Create and maintain personnel files and HR files, ensuring all documentation is complete and relevant documents are kept in their respective files.
- Ensure that each staff is registered on the Biometric Time and attendance system as soon as they join the Mission and maintaining the attendance data as well as reconciling it with the PRISM time management information.
- Coordinate with Occupational Health Unit (OHU) for Medical Service Plan (MSP) application and participation, coordinate with CIGNA as necessary related to staff’s claims. Prepare request for payment for staff/dependents hospital bills in coordination with OHU in Panama and Manila and payment requests for panel physicians.
- Provide support to the HR unit for running the payroll.
- Preparation of IOM Staff ID cards and Coordinate with the UNDSS for UN ID cards.
- Follow up with other Head of units on contract renewals of local staff.
- Follow up with international staff for submission of Danger Pay attendance and ensure the payment is processed on time.
- As Staff Evaluation System (SES) HR Agent of the mission, assist the Unit and supervisors on the requirement to maintain reporting lines.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of professional experience; or
- High School Degree in above field with minimum four years of professional experience.
- Experience in Human Resources management covering recruitment, salary and benefits administration, performance management, training and development, and HR Information System.
- Work experience with UN organization or INGOs is an asset.
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems;
· High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL.
· Knowledge of HR information system (SAP) a distinct advantage.
· Well organized, mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail, and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
· Must have excellent communication skill (written and spoken).
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
· Strong interpersonal skill, ability to work in a diverse team, flexible and quickly adapt to new/different environment.
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job City Mogadishu