HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT NAIROBI
About the Job
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support for the smooth running of the department. S/he assists the department through the performance of general human resources administrative duties while ensuring legal compliance and adherence to ICRC procedures.
This is a resident/national position based in Nairobi and open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepares employees contracts and correspondence relating to various Human Resources activities
· Responsible for absence management and updating of the leave tracker
· Supports in the implementation of employee benefit schemes such as medical scheme; keeps track of new members and deletions
· Supports recruitment processes including preparing job advertisements, organizing for written test and facilitating the interview process
· Ensures an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all employee files upholding high levels of confidentiality
· Ensures archiving of HR documents in accordance to Kenyan legal obligations and ICRC instructions
· Continuously updates the Training database for all internal courses attended
· Monitors the internal service task management system and attributes staff requests for validation
· Provides administrative support to HR department and responds to queries on standard HR policies
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· University Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification in a business-related field
· 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a Humanitarian context
· Good knowledge of Kenyan labour laws; knowledge of Somalia labour laws will be an added advantage
· Experience working in a multi-cultural setting and working with diverse teams
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Somali language
· Excellent planning, organizational skills and high-level attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication
· Possessing a strong degree of integrity, including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
· Willing to travel frequently to Somalia
Proficiency in Ms Office suite
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 07 June 2022. Clearly indicate Human Resources Assistant Nairobi in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.