People Business Partner – Cultural Engagement /Professional Functions, SSA
Pay band: 8/E
Post Location: Flexible in East Africa office
Department: Human Resources
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 12 Months (Fixed Term Contract**)**
The Business Partnering function will work with key business leads to shape and support the delivery of the people component of business strategies and priorities. The role will do this by building knowledge of the business landscape within a region or area and provide authoritative expertise to advise, coach and facilitate complex and critical people related initiatives and issues, as well as ensuring that change is effective and sustainable. The role will be responsibility for the relationship between HR and the business with a strong focus on talent and development.
Main opportunities / challenges for this role:
The People Business Partner will:
- Build key relationships within the business and develop an in-depth knowledge of the business by understanding its financial position, short, midrange and long-term plans and the culture being driven.
- Within a transforming HR and business organization, the role is expected to support the business in leveraging the application of HR expertise and services to deliver the business objectives while increasing the impact, agility, and professionalism of the delivery of the HR plan.
- Manage accountability of delivering the right level of service to the business
- Ensure the right Centre of Expertise (CoE) stakeholders and related CoE services are provided to the business in line with agreement and expectations
- HRBP experience in a commercial, matrix and international environment
- Proven experience of building effective relationships with senior business leadership teams
- Managing a range of complex internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a multi-country or regional role
- Worked in private and NGO/public sectors
Role Specific Skills
Required candidate will need to possess:
- Ability to work, communicate with and influence senior stakeholders effectively. Presents sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change. Where necessary resolves highly charged, high-profile conflicts
- Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives and adapts an approach as required of a situation
- Understands business value drivers and is commercially aware
- Proven ability to effectively coach managers and leaders on complex HR issues
- Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment and maintaining focus on impact
- Demonstrated agile working skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
Communicating and influencing – Uses formal and informal negotiating and motivation techniques to influence others’ behaviour and persuade them to think and act differently, while respecting difference of view and culture.
Managing projects – Analyses requirements with the sponsor/stakeholders defining the specification with awareness of equality and diversity impact, planning, revising, implementing, and evaluating on medium-to-large and/or high-risk projects, coordinates a diverse team and handles changes in specification or plan to meet unexpected circumstances.
Planning and organising – Develops and reviews the implementation of annual plans for a work group or function taking account of business and customer requirements and reconciling competing demands.
Analysing data and problems – Seeks out and examines a range of information to identify patterns, trends, and options, to solve multifaceted and complex problems.
Managing risk – Has a track record of analysing potential risks, promoting risk awareness, and holding others to account for their practices.
Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in the host country. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Closing Date: 19 October 2021 applications will close 23:59 South Africa Standard Time