- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of position:
- The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will lead, develop & strengthen all HR functions in order to provide efficient & effective HR leadership & support, with a special focus on effective recruitment, staff development & training, remuneration, performance management, HR policy & overall compliance, employee relations & staff care. S / He supports the efforts of the Country Director to recruit, manage, motivate & develop agile & robust workforce to deliver country strategy. The HRM is an effective advisor & educator on HR matters, including issues of HR policy local & labor law. S / He helps to create an enabling & nurturing work environment that promotes diversity, equity & inclusion, & employee engagement. S / he will also be tasked to develop the capacity of national HR staff through coaching & mentorship.
Essential responsibilities & duties:
- Develop & implement the HR country strategy & ensure alignment with the country strategy.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, lead the development of staffing & recruitment plan to ensure that each team is staffed appropriately, according to need & funding availability, in an efficient & timely manner.
- Lead the regular review of country office roll out of HR policies, employment policies & procedures in compliance to standards & evolving national labor law.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of HR & administration policies & procedures across the country program.
- Contribute to the successful execution of Nigeria’s strategy for support to the country office as a member of country support office’s management team.
- Ensure staff hiring is conducted efficiently & in compliance with policies & national labor law.
- Ensure a transparent, timely, efficient & safe recruitment process.
- In consultation with finance & country management team determine salaries for selected candidates & prepare employment offer.
- Ensure pre employment requirements are submitted & personnel file with documentation according to HR checklist is opened for new staff on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all staff have undergone all required orientation programs.
- Maintain & regularly update HR directory with staff details.
- Ensures that country organogram & job TORs are based on efficient processes; all employee job profiles are aligned with business imperatives for success in the short, medium & long term.
Compensation, benefits & performance evaluation:
- Monitors industry salary & benefit levels & movements & recommend adjustments to ensure fair & equitable rewards package that is in line with standards & principles.
- Assist in the periodic salary review & analysis, review & revision of new salary structure, as appropriate.
- Ensure the proper & accurate tracking of leave.
- Review compensation & benefits package on regular interval in collaboration with country management team.
- Help maintain a healthy & empowering office environment that encourages open, honest & productive communication.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, contract extensions, staff transfers, promotions & other changes of status.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation & termination.
- Respond to employee related queries & provide services to all HR related inquiries & requests.
- Conduct periodic office climate assessments & advise management on appropriate solutions & achievement of high levels of employee morale, commitment & performance.
- Keep employee manual updated & constantly communicate it, along with other HR policies to staff.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable at all times & any relevant donors’ requirements.
- Ensure compliance to policies, procedures, systems & donor regulations as well as ensuring correctness of necessary documentation such as timesheets, leave forms, payrolls & exit interviews.
- Monitor the evaluation processes at all stages & ensure that staff & supervisors complete the review process in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to supervisors as they complete evaluations, help supervisors find effective coaching methods that work for specific issues including identifying areas of poor performance & assisting supervisors to establish lans for improving performance (PIPS), be present during review meetings when necessary.
- Provide training, support & advice to local staff.
- Deliver face to face training & training over MS Teams from time to time on a variety of subjects.
Leadership, team management & coordination:
- Create & sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Supervise, hire & orient new team members as necessary.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations & provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Provide team members with information, tools & other resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Contribute to country team building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options & ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision making processes.
- Promotes & shapes organisational culture by encouraging participation & contribution across the various facets of the organisation.
- Supports the change processes, providing insight & vision on how to enable change & create process improvements.
- Performs other duties as may be delegated by the CM / CD from time to time.
Equity & diversity commitment:
- Demonstrate sensitivity & understanding of systemic diversity & cultural differences.
- Ensure that gender equity is addressed in our staffing & programming.
- Perform other functions that maybe assigned from time to time.
- Receive & review client contracts vis a vis the number of staff, their work locations, their salaries, start / end dates, transfers.
- Liaise regularly with the client to understand new requirements & / or contract amendments.
- Escalating job requisitions from the client to the rapid recruitment team & following up on CVs received.
- Conducting background checks at the point before sending the list of preferred candidates to the client representative.
- Liaising with Account Managers to ensure that all Facilitators Tayo (staff) profiles are up to date & accurate before advising rapid recruitment team to raise contracts.
- This role reports to the Country Director / Manager.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding & fast paced environment. The preferred candidate has excellent organizational & note taking skills.
- Minimum Univesity Degree from a recognized university.
- Preference may be given to qualified candidates who hold a Masters Degree with specialization in Human Resources or similar field.
- At least 5 years progressive fulltime employment in a similar position preferably in the nonprofit sector with at least 2 years in an HR supervisory / management position.
- Strong experience of developing & implementing HR policies, procedures & systems.
- Direct experience of organizing large scale recruitments.
- Ability to prioritize & deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision & capacity building.
- Well developed conceptual, critical & analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward way & influencing this to a wider audience.
- Fluent spoken & written English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal & communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive & has the ability & interest to identify & work with a multicultural team.
- Immediate availability is required.
- Team management experience is required for this role.
- This position is based in Abuja with frequent travel (25%) to other locations in Nigeria including Borno.
- Interested candidates are required to submit a detailed CV & cover letter latest by June 7, 2022.
- We greatly appreciate your interest in working with CTG Nigeria, but we’ll only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
- Due to the urgency of this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis & selected candidates interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this vacancy is posted.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Job City Abuja