Based in: Monrovia, Liberia
Reports to the Director of Admin and Finance
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI seeks a Human Resources (HR) Manager to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal coverage of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. This ambitious project seeks equally ambitious staff who bring creativity, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of PSI’s HR Policies, Procedures, Guidelines, and Tools management . S/he will work with the Director of Admin and Finance and relevant HR Business Partners at Headquarters to ensure that organizational HR policies and procedures are adapted to the specific context of each category of staff and are that all staff are informed.
The HR Manager is responsible for the selection and hiring of the team in Liberia and leading the overall HR functions including work- force planning, recruitment, staff administration management, staff development, etc.
- Develop a HR strategy for PSI/Liberia which is in line with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Devise and implement metrics as and when needed
Hiring and Recruitment:
- Oversee full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit positions at all levels; Employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment and selection process according to PSI policies and procedures.
- Coordinate recruitments and orientations/transition of both new/ transferring staff.
- Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Coordinate vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate.
- Coordinate interviews and provide interview outcome summary.
- Review all job offers and contracts and ensure internal equity
HR Administration and Compliance:
- Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure they are compliant with existing legal and government reporting requirements
- Ensure PSI is in compliance with all labor laws, and minimization of legal exposure.
- Ensure the National Staff Handbooks are developed and in place; Review of policies and procedures, making recommendations
- Ensure, file, and update of all head office staff personnel and statutory documents and ensure that all staff information are properly kept, updated, and confidentially maintained
- Lead exit management procedure to ensure seamless and positive transition for departing employee
- Serve as an ambassador and champion for PSI : Standards for Business Ethics & Code of Conduct; escalate arising code of conduct issues to the relevant HR Business Partner for additional support and to ensure issue is resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out
- On an as needed basis liaise with the local legal counsel on HR issues that requires legal interpretations
Compensation and Benefits Management:
- Facilitate administration of staff benefits and compensation as stipulated in the HR policies
- Ensure the processing of the monthly HR payroll documentation on timely basis ensuring completeness and accurate documentation
- Ensure that all exiting staff clearance forms are submitted before final dues are processed.
- In collaboration with the finance team, ensure all staff are properly oriented and trained on the completion and submission of monthly Timesheets.
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conduct training on goal-setting, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual merit plan process
Employee Relations and Discipline:
- Lead all employee relations with professional grace; lead investigations to resolve issues/conflict in the workplace
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Maintain an effective negotiation process and harmonious employee/employer relationship
- Advise supervisors in determining appropriate disciplinary plans of action
- Develop supportive plans of action for staff care, ensuring a comprehensive approach to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment.
- Work to actively engage in building trust with staff at all levels and in all roles.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and Social Sciences. Master’s Degree in Human Resources preferred.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in Human Resource Management, with two (2) years at supervisory level
- Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and implement best practice approaches that deliver rapid, consistent, high-quality HR management and service provision in a fast paced organization
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong performance management skills
- Counseling skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required. Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- Must have work authorization for Liberia, PSI will not sponsor work permits.
What would get us excited?
- Broad-based HR managerial experience
- Solid knowledge of the Liberia labor legislations
- Proven abilities to effectively work with local legal counsel and government departments to rapidly identify host country legal requirements, for expatriate and national staff, negotiate approvals and constructively resolve HR legal issues.
- Full time
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org***by September 30, 2022.Subject: Liberia Human Resources Manager*
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Job City Monrovia