Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Project: West Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Category: Economic Growth
Reporting & Supervision: The Operations Manager
- The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach.
- By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
- The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment Fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to 1) increase access of working capital with financial actors, 2) prevent and mitigate job losses, and 3) help respond to local and regional supply chain disruptions and shortages of critical medical supplies and services as well as for agricultural inputs and food staples.
- Through this Co-Investment Fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population.
- The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- Creative Associates seeks a Human Resources (HR) Officer to lead HR practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff.
- The HR Officer is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Organize HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process including approval of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents.
- Onboarding/orientation of new project hires.
- Employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled.
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations.
- Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review.
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves.
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field; BA Degree highly desired.
- Must have 4 years of general work experience, and 2+ years of specific experience related to the position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with donor/client rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with local employment law.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired, Medium level required.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communications Advisor (Volunteer) at Cuso International
- Security Operations Centre (SOC) Operator at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Senior Finance Specialist at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
- Program Officer II – Market Shaping Specialist at Results for Development Institute
- Program Officer I – Market Shaping Specialist at Results for Development Institute