Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development international organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interest and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages was established in 1973 after the civil war as an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages International which is a federation of 135 SOS Children’s Villages Associations world-wide. We build families for neglected, abandoned or orphaned children, we help them shape their own futures and we share in the development of their communities.
In fulfilment of our expansion project, we urgently require skilled individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources & Organizational Development Manager
The eligible candidate is required to possess the under listed skills in addition to role specific requirements:
- Understanding the NGO/INGO sector
- Excellent understanding of children’s rights and child protection issues
- Awareness and basic understanding of issues affecting orphans & vulnerable children, such as the causes of vulnerability (e.g. HIV & AIDS, gender discrimination, poverty, etc.), local and national responses, etc.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English – other languages, an asset
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, including ability to identify problems and possible solutions, and ability to clearly reflect these in a report.
- Good communication skills and People development skills, including facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills, to build the capacities of co-workers from partner organizations; as well as of children and their care-givers, and other community members
- Collaboration skills, being driven to work with others and able to build strong working relationships community members and groups
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages spoken in the Programme’s target communities
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project/programme locations
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Strong use of MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Office 365.
- The Human Resource & Organizational Development (HROD) Manager will oversee, communicate and implement HR plans & policies.
- He / she will ensure delivery of HR operations to support the development of the National Association, manage & administer Recruitment, Orientation, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Staff Development and other HR activities.
- The HROD Manager will lead the development of National HR strategies, plans & budgets that support the NA’s strategic objectives and ensure full implementation of defined HR standards and good practices.
- He / She will advise on organizational & job design/redesign to support the Association’s changing strategic priorities. Build a strong and aligned human resource base within the National Association to ensure that organizational objectives can be fully supported
- He / She will promote the application of organizational values, legal and ethical standards, and good management practices
- The HROD Manager will support the development of a stable, committed and high-performing workforce by implementing a functional Performance Management Framework
- He / She is responsible for ensuring that proper background checks are conducted during the recruitment process for co-workers to align with the Child Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy in the Organization.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources / Organization Development / Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in a generalist HR Management and relevant operational services as well as strong technical knowledge in Organizational Development
- Minimum of 7 years managerial or senior advisory experience
- Excellent competency in Human Resources and organization development process management, individual and organizational capacity assessment & building and organizational learning skills
- Strong experience in HROD policy and strategy review and development
- Good grasp of and experience in change management, organizational design and restructuring processes
- Strong experience in compensation and benefits management processes is essential
- Strong communication, presentation, planning, priority setting, analytical and creativity skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online