Location: Global scope, home-based, with travel. Working hours according to Ukraine Time Zone (GMT +2)
Department: Inclusive Humanitarian Action team
Reports to: Inclusive Humanitarian Action Portfolio Lead
Grade: UK Grade E or equivalent according to location / type of contract (GBP 25,000 to GBP 38,000 per annum)
Contract Duration: Fixed Term, 12 months
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions, with the intention to scale-up assistance in the central and western regions of Ukraine. We have also launched a programme to support refugees arriving in Moldova, where we also already have a presence, and are investigating a further response in Poland.
We are now seeking passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Key areas for impact/influence and responsibilities
These outline the broad areas of responsibility in the role, but in collaboration with your humanitarian colleagues you will be able to shape and design specific activities relevant to Ukraine Humanitarian Response. We want you to work creatively to deliver impact and respond to relevant opportunities.
- Provide support to humanitarian response in Ukraine, through remote backstopping, and where required short-term deployments
- Oversee the programme management of humanitarian partner-led programmes, primarily in countries where the Ukraine response expands i.e., Poland and Moldova etc..
- Identify and develop new funding opportunities and project partnerships to build a humanitarian portfolio of work and increase the impact for older people in the response.
- Work closely with the Business Development Department and supporting members to provide information needed on the humanitarian portfolio for developing new relationships and funding proposals with new and non-traditional donors
- Provide technical advice and support to Portfolio Leads and Advisers in the development of new humanitarian project proposals including needs assessments, concept notes, project proposals and budgeting.
- Develop the capacity of HelpAge staff, partners and network members through training (including coaching and mentoring) and support on humanitarian programme development and other aspects of the project cycle.
- Monitor the quality of humanitarian response, supporting partners, making recommendations for change that is needed to improve the impact on the lives of older people
- With the other Humanitarian PQM, lead on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for the humanitarian portfolio, tracking progress, sharing and utilising related information, data, learning and evidence across the organisation and the network.
- Strengthen relationships with network members and partners engaged in the humanitarian portfolio, understanding their areas of expertise, and convening regularly to share learning and develop ideas.
- Manage the humanitarian partners within your allocated region, with the support of business partner service team and advisers.
Let’s talk about you
You will be someone with:
- Extensive humanitarian experience, including working with a range of humanitarian donors such as ECHO, BHA, FCDO, GAC, START, SIDA & DEC.
- Substantial experience in all aspects of Project Cycle Management with particular focus on proposal development, needs assessments, M&E and Knowledge management
- Track record in successful humanitarian project development with partners and securing funds to support partner led programming in Low- and Middle-Income countries.
- Experience of development and use of humanitarian MEAL systems and approaches, at project level, across development, humanitarian, and advocacy context
- Demonstrable experience in leadership and programme management with geographically dispersed teams and in challenging humanitarian contexts
- An ability to represent HelpAge with traditional and non-traditional partners, donors and networks.
- Experienced in strengthening and supporting staff and national partner capacity.
- An ability to travel, occasionally at short notice.
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages are desirable: Russian, Ukrainian.
How to apply
For full job description, please visit our website: https://www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/humanitarian-programme-manager-global-team-supporting-ukraine-regional-response/
To apply for a job at HelpAge, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter, setting out how you meet the requirements of the job profile. Please use bold headings for each requirement and provide examples.
- Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- Three referees, including your most recent employer
To be considered, please read the job description to find out more information and then email your application to helpAgefirstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.