Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Officer
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Kaga LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 3 months with possible extension upon performance evaluation.
- The hygiene promotion officer will be responsible for the hygiene promotion and sanitation component of project.
- He/She will be responsible for the implementation hygiene promotion and sanitation component and ensuring program quality, completion of activities within allocated funding and project period, and identifying new needs for program expansion and improvement.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with other team members, the HP Officer undertakes detail hygiene and sanitation need assessments.
- HP Officer prepares the IEC Materials and monitor the distribution of IEC materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the community at grass root level.
- Plan and ensure the proper distribution of Non-Food Items.
- Works closely with partners and health offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other GREENCODE staff, government partners & key stakeholders and ensure proper integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Closely work with GREENCODE community focus area for basic hygiene promotion activities
- Work on building of the capacity of community target groups on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations
- Plan and conduct different hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations on different community meetings by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey of the NFI at household level
- Conduct different review meetings with stakeholders on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and beneficiary compliance and feedback management systems
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- B.Sc Degree / Diploma in Environmental Health, Public Health
- 1 year experience for B.Sc Degree holders and 2 years experience for Diploma holders.
- NGO experience is mandatory.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is mandatory.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their Application and requesting for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com using ”Consultant / Hygiene Promotion Officer” as the subject of the email.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and available to relocate to the project location (Maiduguri and Kaga) and speaks the local language (Hausa) fluently.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Policy Advisor – Nigeria INGO Forum at iMMAP Nigeria
- Mauritanie – Chargé des operations de programme at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- DESIGN TEACHER – Nairobi, Kenya at Still I Rise
- Deputy Representative at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Volunteer and Logistics Intern/Officer at SEED Madagascar