Global Village Healthcare Initiative for Africa (GHIV Africa) is a Non-governmental, Non-for profit humanitarian/Developmental organization which started in 2014. We deliver assistance to affected populations before, during and after crisis situations. GHIV Africa was founded to mitigate the health deficit in Africa and to provide all forms of assistance leading to improved quality of life.
The organization is equally poised to support the delivery of healthcare services at the doorsteps of every African village by bridging the gap between primary health care delivery and tertiary health care services through a robust referral system. We offer assistance in need to the most vulnerable population regardless of their religion, race, gender and or political affiliation. Our decisions as an organization are not based on political, economic or religious interest but solely on needs of the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Job Reference No: NGA-22/NIG/ERF/SAI/NGO/0024
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting: Logistics Officer
Duties / Responsibilities
- Manages appointments and organizes internal and external meetings and events on their own.
- Helps management manage contacts, schedules, calendars, appointments, meetings, and other management tools.
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches, and follows up on requests, calls, and correspondence; understands GHIV Africa’s activities and considers its priorities and challenges when making decisions.
- Writes, reviews, compiles, edits, and finalizes correspondence, presentations, decision-making documents, meeting minutes, and other documents; ensures that information is shared with other users.
- Manages and coordinates the flow of information, ensuring that employees understand it and follow the appropriate institutional policies and procedures; establishes and revises information management and communication procedures at the Northeast headquarters.
- Manages and monitors projects and programs related to the Information Strategy, as well as briefs and trains users.
- Manages Act as a link between GHIV Africa and the outer world in terms of social marketing to attract the attention of vendors, and highlight the organization and other stakeholders.
- Be responsible drafting and submission request of IT setups in the Maiduguri office
- Follow ups on procurement and delivery of IT Items with vendors
- In charge of collection of documents and invoices/ warranty cards of IT and IT related assets from the vendors at the time of delivery.
- In Charge of functional check of newly purchased/procured IT assets/ IT Equipment
- Verify and lead the maintenance and repair of IT assets/ Other IT related equipment
- Assess the need for IT assets/IT equipment and obtain authorization and request for them
- Account for overall compliance with the communication and IT procedures
- Advice, suggest better ways/possibilities in area of network and email communication.
- Create, update, sort out issues, with organization emails.
- Maintain, manage, and update the organizational website
- Collect, and produce videos/pictures of the organization activities and post on the organization’s website
- Manage and operate all the organization’s social media handles
- Upgrade; update all the social media platforms with activities pictures and videos on a timely basis.
- Design IEC materials for the organization’s activities.
- Carry any other IT/Communication task that may be required
Education and Experience Required
- A University Degree in IT or a related field is required.
- 3 years of experience in a related function
- Outstanding command of both spoken and written English
- Excellent command of Hausa
- Excellent knowledge of and comfort with standard computer tools and information systems
- Profile and skills desired
- ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical abilities
- User training skills and interest
- Capability to handle sensitive information while maintaining all necessary confidentiality
- In daily work, rigor and organization are essential.
- Responsibility and the ability to set and follow priorities
- Stress-resistance ability
- Flexibility and accessibility
- Ability to apply and ensure adherence to GHIV Africa directives and procedures.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified Female Indigenes are highly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer at Concerned Women International Development Initiative
- Risk and Compliance Manager at Plan International
- Finance Officer at Center for Victims of Torture
- Psychosocial Counselor at Center for Victims of Torture
- Mali : Responsable Finance Pays – Bamako at ACTED