The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Identification: 6047
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Project number: NGFP0000
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
Reports to: ICT Coordinator
Duration and type of contract: 7 months
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Technical Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of ICT (Information, Communication, and Technology) functions responsibilities at the Country level and other possible travel to another Area field office for support. The ICT Assistant will report to the Country ICT Coordinator
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the ICT function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the ICT function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly:
- Responsible of providing first-level support to NRC staff, including but not limited to network, printers, computers software, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Ensures effective help desk coordination of all NRC Staff tickets in the country, and proper assigning to respective Area Office of ICT officers.
- Assist in the rollout of new software or hardware to all devices.
- Maintain service contracts for phone networks, and asset registers for communications equipment, in coordination with the User support need.
- Conduct awareness sessions and ICT training are when needed.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Area Manager
- ICT Coordinator/Officer
- HR Team
- Procurement team
Scale and Scope of the Position:
- Stakeholders: ETC, INGOs, local NGOs
- Budgets: None
- Information: ICT Handbook and SOP, Intranet, workplace.
- Legal or ISPs, NRC Terms of Employment, NRC Code of Conduct, NRC Policies, NRC compliance: security Standard Operating Procedures
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as ICT Assistant/ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with a similar organization like NRC.
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context / Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Knowledge of Microsoft office 365, Access, and SharePoint is required.
- Certification in ITIL, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and Cisco CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in Hausa is an asset
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
These personal qualities influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022 at 01:00 AM.
- Job City Maiduguri