MannionDaniels’ Conflict, Environment and Resilience Practice Area engages with governments, donors, and organisations to (1) address the root causes of conflict and vulnerability and (2) have a net positive impact on society, the environment, and the global economy by tackling climate change, protecting biodiversity, delivering social value and embedding sustainability.
We are committed to providing guidance and support to ensure the consent, consultation and inclusion of marginalized groups, particularly indigenous peoples into projects and programmes. To this end, we are seeking qualified candidates for potential long-term and short-term opportunities to provide technical expertise and strategic guidance on indigenous peoples issues at all stages of programme design, development, monitoring and evaluation. They will also contribute to the due diligence work related to social safeguards including the development of standards, procedures, guidance, and toolkits. Key areas of expertise could include any of the following:
· Developing operational procedures, guidance, toolkits, and references for mainstreaming indigenous peoples issues in projects and programmes, and ensuring compliance with policy frameworks such as the International Finance Corporations’ Performance Standard;
· Advising and supporting projects and programmes on indigenous peoples considerations and providing technical inputs on indigenous peoples and social considerations for inclusion in strategic and operational documents;
· Conducting due diligence, monitoring and reporting on programmes, projects, and activities focusing on the compliance with environmental and safeguards standards and relevant policies on indigenous peoples.
· Developing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and reporting mechanisms for projects on the Fund’s overall efforts to incorporate indigenous peoples concerns including review of progress made in implementing relevant policies.
· Reviewing concept notes, funding proposals and carrying out institutional assessments in relation to environmental and social safeguards and indigenous peoples and contributing to the capacity building of implementing entities.
· Identifying, generating, collating, and disseminating knowledge, lessons, trends and development pertaining to inclusion of indigenous peoples concerns into projects and programmes at local, regional and global levels.
Candidates will be expected to provide technical expertise and guidance across all stages of the programme/project cycle from design and development, through implementation to monitoring and evaluation. Depending on the nature of the consultancy this may involve any of the following tasks:
• Proposal development
• Programme design
• Direct technical assistance
• Research and analysis
• Capacity building
• Evaluation and reporting
• Review of proposals and reports
• Knowledge management and dissemination
• Management of grants and funds
About the Organization
MannionDaniels is a global development consultancy and fund manager with operational bases in the United Kingdom, Kenya, Nigeria, Cyprus, Bangladesh and Somalia. Our mission is to work for an equitable, inclusive and sustainable world.
We find creative solutions to complex issues in health, social justice, social development and the environment. Through our work we aim to support the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people and the natural world in which they live, particularly in fragile and conflict-affected states.
We work in an agile and innovative way in response to rapidly evolving challenges. We establish relationships with government, communities and organisations in developing countries in order to deliver effective systems and services for those who need them most, and we are a certified B Corp which practices business as a force for social and environmental good.
How to apply
To apply for this expert role, please send your up-to-date CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to careers@manniondaniels by 9 May 2022 along with your current or expected daily rate.
Please put ONLY the Expert Title in the subject line.