The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), in the framework of the execution of its 2022 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant to Serve as Programme Manager to Support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilisation and Development Project in Mali
Reference No.: 2-ECW/ADM-PROC-VP/07-03/kik
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), in the framework of the execution of its 2022 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to serve as Programme Manager to support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project in Mali.
- Under the supervision of ECOWAS National Offices and the Fund Management Unit in ECOWAS Commission, and in close coordination with National Implementing Partners, the consultant will coordinate the implementation of the work programme of the Fund at the country level. This shall include coordinating of project activities, collection of data for monitoring and evaluation, facilitation of communication, procurement, knowledge management and reporting.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the deliverables listed under subsection below and the duration of the contract shall be for a period of one (1) year renewable based on the performance and availability.
- Support the overall planning and implementation of projects at the country level, as approved by the Project Steering Committee (PSC);
- Collaborate with National Implementing Partners to ensure timely delivery of expected interventions, in line with strategic objectives of the ECOWAS Commission;
- Assist National Implementing Partners with project management and coordination, development of work plans, deliverables, and activities;
- Coordinate exchange between the Fund Management Unit/ECOWAS Commission and the National Implementing Partners;
- In collaboration with lead national ministries, support coordination of the meetings and activities of the National Advisory Committee, and ensure availability of records of their activities;
- Provide inputs to programme / project designs, including comments on project documents, support development of results matrixes from planning, monitoring and evaluation perspectives;
- Develop and maintain a monitoring and evaluation framework for projects implemented at the country level;
- Ensure coherence of country level M&E data with the overall M&E framework of the regional programme, in close coordination with the Fund Management Unit;
- Ensure the collection and analysis of data and studies relevant to projects implemented in the country, taking into account developmental trends
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Project Management, International relations, Political Science, Development Studies or related course from a recognized University;
- Shall justify of at least five (5) years of working experience in project/programme management ;
- Candidate shall justify having executed at least two (2) similar assignments/projects
- project/programme management organized and successfully executed with International
- Organizations or Public renowned Body or project financed by Donors;
- Strong IT / Computer Skills (Microsoft Office suite) and knowledge of relevant software related to project management.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent in English, French or Portuguese Languages (reading,
- writing, speaking) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of the other of the ECOWAS Official language (English, Portuguese or French) would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 2 copies) which must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as Finance Officer to Support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project in Niger, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
Public Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401,
Please note that electronic submissions are also accepted and shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Click here for more information
- The attention of interested Individual consultantsis particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The candidates with the highest score above the cut-off mark, will be requested to submit its Technical and Financial Proposal.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
- Expressions of Interest (1 Original and 2 Copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant to serve as Programme Manager to support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilisation and Development Project in Mali”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below latest by Thursday April 7, 2022 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
- The ECOWAS Tender Box is located at the Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
- This REOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-inecowas/ecowas-procurement.