INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD)
Job Title: Infection Control Worker
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking an Infection Control Worker who can take precautionary measures to prevent cross-infection (hand washing, using personal protective equipment, e.g. aprons, gloves). Promptly report and record any concerns to the supervisor, and attend all the association training to ensure best practice. Providing, monitoring and reviewing policies and information leaflets for the prevention and control of infection.
Implementation of Program
- Collect information on cases of infection from different sections of the centre and open a file in each case.
- Conduct necessary studies on sources of infection.
- Training and teaching the centre workers how to control infections.
- Monitor specialised units and all germ samples and prepare reports.
- Visit the various departments of the centre to monitor and follow up on the procedures of implementing the infection control program.
- Preparation and development of the directory of the centre’s infection control program.
- Coordinate with the project manager and competent authorities on cases of infectious diseases in the centre.
- Supervising the isolation of infectious cases in the departments of the centre.
- To perform any other tasks entrusted to it within its competence.
- Providing advice on the management of patients with infections.
- Educating healthcare workers regarding potential risks of infection
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Diploma in Nursing or its equivalent
- At least two years of experience in the field
- Training courses in infection control and health care
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
To apply to this position, kindly fill in this link.
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Short term ERD Assistant at International Rescue Committee
- Palladium Group Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- Finance Manager at Sightsavers
- Head of Field Office at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group