African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV) is a youth led nongovernmental, non-profit and non-sectarian development organization established in 2013 with the mission to serve as a platform for enlightenment and empowerment of youth society for peace and development through active participation by mainstreaming their issues and concerns into national development agenda based on United Nation Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Communication Technology Officer
Contract Period: 6 Months
Commencement Date: Immediately
- The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer is responsible for ensuring technology enables and enhances the organization’s strategic objectives and facilitates all users achieving their operational priorities.
- This will include supporting and developing systems and staff, and maintaining and developing all internal hosted and virtualized IT infrastructures alongside the organization’s outsourced IT, support partners.
- Additionally, write and distribute content to promote an organization’s brand, activities, or products. Act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the AFRYDEV remains top of mind.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct and Manage all ICT-related Work through the Organization
- Manage and coordinate IT-related devices, and update information (status, handover, current user, etc)
- Implement and refine all ICT-related strategies. This will include direct accountability for the management of the ICT System and ownership of the system within AFRYDEV’s ICT Governance framework.
- Provide direction and assistance to AFRYDEV Management Team on the introduction of new processes, acquisition of new systems, and development of infrastructure.
- Promote effective and efficient design and operation of all major organizational business processes.
- Ensure effective functioning of all IT systems (internal and external, infrastructure and applications) alongside and via management of outsourced IT support and application
- To support, train and develop staff skills to install and configure software, troubleshoot simple IT problems, and support development colleagues.
- To support and train staff to use information systems, equipment and software accurately and efficiently.
- To champion the organizational Hub, ensuring it is utilized by all staff and volunteers to improve communication and information sharing, and developing and maintaining bespoke applications to promote efficient working.
- Where appropriate, to build and replace hardware parts and machines throughout the organization and install and configure hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot as may be required with hardware and software – including a reasonable amount of outside hours work to preserve operational efficiencies
- Serve as the prime conduit for organizationally-relevant ICT innovation, providing qualified recommendations and considered reviews on the strategic appropriateness of emerging technologies and trends to AAFRYDEV’s Management Team.
- Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Set up and troubleshoot network connectivity within the AFRYDEV environment.
- Conduct ICT-relevant staff orientation and ongoing training for ICT across AFRYDEV.
- Provide technical assistance to operational programs and undertake the technical project as required.
- Develop and maintain Policies, Procedures, and How-to Guides for users across the ICT System.
Communication and Reporting:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on AFRYDEV’s target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products, and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of AFRYDEV, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Presents and explains AFRYDEV mandate, principles, and activities by developing content for publication.
- Report to the Executive Director on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with partners and beneficiaries.
- University Degree in Information and Technology, Computer Science, Law, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Social Science or related field(s)
- 3 years of previous experience in managing a similar position in a nonprofit organization is highly desirable.
- Proven intellectual capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as knowledge of Hausa.
- Excellent computer skills (Web design, hosting, and management of internal and communication.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document addressed to “African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- AFRYDEV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate gender, religion, or ethnicity.
- AFRYDEV recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff, and or any assigned third party, requests of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.