CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position Title: IInformation Management Intern
Vacancy Number: CFA/IOMSO/004/2021
Duty Station: IOM Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Appointment: National Internship
Duration of Contract: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Organizational Unit: Programme Support Unit (PSU)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 09 December 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for Internship. Applications from all gender candidates are encouraged.
The IOM Internship Programme provides candidates with the opportunity to learn about IOM’s activities, to gain initial work experience, and/or gain knowledge on a broad range of migration technical areas and disciplines. The internship suits someone wanting to build skills in project reporting and evaluation, international collaboration, and mutual capacity building with colleagues. IOM provides on-the-job training to interns so that both can benefit.
Working under the overall direct supervision of Programme Support Unit Coordinator of IOM Somalia, in coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU) team and relevant programme managers, the successful candidate will assist in supporting and contributing to PSU activities of the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide Information Management support to IOM offices and relevant partners.
- Support formulating an Information Management Strategy for the Mission to comprehensively cover the various information collection, management and exchange activities with relevant Unit and partners.
- Coordinate country-based information to ensure consistency and coherence across countries in the region, and support in the supervision of information collection processes and the overall information management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing and support in the analysis of the collected data and information locally.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
- Provide support to monitoring efforts for the Mission by applying information collection methods and maintaining adequate documentation and records of project activities, data and reports.
- Compile and coordinate inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, government, partner agencies, and implementing partners.
- Support the knowledge management of the Programme Support Unit (PSU) by maintaining and updating the PSU project matrix and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
- Develop required guidance materials and presentations for the training and reference, and
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Experience and skill
- Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collecting, storing, processing and analyzing data to generate information products.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Experience in writing and editing information materials and reports are an advantage.
- Working experience in the region is an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Digital literacy and demonstrate knowledge of information technology in adobe creative, Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is added advantage.
Fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali is an added advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees (preferably direct former/academic supervisors) and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
From 26.11.2021 to 09.12.2021