Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology and Logistics Assistant
Location: Mashi, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
General Objective / Summary
- The IT & Log Assistant supports the Logistics Officer and the Deputy Logistics Coordinator in activities linked to, ICT, energy management, premises management, asset management and communications according to PUI standards and procedures in order to adequately meet the ICT needs of the various bases on the mission.
- He / She works under direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and technical supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator
Responsibilities and Tasks
Software and Mission Share-Point Management:
- Manage the installation of Software on mission’s computers e.g anti-virus, Office Suite and all other software for the mission
- Keep license codes and use them accountably on the mission’s computers
- Recommend the purchase and use of Software to the Deputy Logistics coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Resolve all staff issues regarding software on mission computer systems
- Provide guidance and training to staff on the use of new software
- Setup and manage a mission-wide database/SharePoint
- Make sure weekly backup of all mission’s laptops are done and recorded.
Management, Maintenance and Repairs of ICT and Energy Equipment:
- Facilitate the repair of faulty ICT equipment such as laptops, printers, scanners, radio etc.
- Ensure the availability and installation of quality toners for the mission’s printers.
- Provide guidance/training to staff on use of ICT and communication equipment to avoid damage.
- Ensure proper allocation of computers and phones for all bases.
- Ensure proper use of mission’s radio communication devices.
- Collect ICT needs and communicate to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator
- Maintain a physical inventory of mission’s ICT equipment.
- Raise Purchase Requests for ICT material needs.
- Follow-up and prepare necessary documentations for airtime payments for the whole mission.
- Manage the registration, swapping and issuance of SIM cards for staff across the bases on the mission.
- Issue all communication devices such as Mobile phones, Satellite phones and HF/VHF Radios to the requesting bases.
- Update the mission contact list whenever new emails or phone numbers are always created and ensure the accuracy of the mission contact list.
- Ensure that the communication equipment in safe rooms is functional at all time
- Identify energy needs especially solar equipment, maintenance of energy equipment and reduction of energy waste and environmental carbon footprint.
Email Creation and Management of Mission Email List:
- Ensure the timely creation of Email address for staff when requested
- Manage the password database for emails on the mission
- Manage installation, removal and any other related issues relating to emails
- Assist new staff in the installation of email signatures and facilitate the uniformity of email signatures according to PUI standards and guidelines
- Create and update the mission distribution list as at when needed
- Assist in the creation and management of DocuSign accounts to mission staff
- Share all newly created email addresses with the Deputy Logistics Coordinator
- Assist in codifying all PUI equipment according to PUI procedures.
- Locate every equipment and check the availability of the equipment on a regular basis in all designated places.
- On a regular basis check that all equipment are working properly (water dispenser, gas cooker, printer, scanner, micro vave, refrigerators…)
- Inform the line manager in case of equipment dysfunction.
- Update the inventory list and the asset register.
- Issuance of laptops and phones to new arrivals on the mission.
- Assist the Logistics officer in managing and organizing the reception, storage and dispatch of all supplies at the store
- Ensure all requests of stock are sent and delivered to the requesters in a timely manner
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of reception, in coordination with the Logistics officer
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates (if applicable)
- Support with monthly rolling stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts and sharing the monthly report to the Logistic Officer
- Issue all required office items to staff.
Payment and Renewal of Internet and Communication Subscription:
- Ensure the configuration of mission contact list on mobile phones
- Monitor internet consumption, make recommendations on internet use, restrictions and facilitate the timely renewal of internet subscription.
- Liaise with the internet service provider in case of any problems or inadequacies on the internet across all PUI bases.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate record of all mission’s ICT and communication equipment Share reports to the Deputy Logistics coordinator on a monthly basis
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to ICT and communication
- Maintain good record of mission’s passwords and ensure utmost integrity and accountability in the use of PUI software licenses
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non exhaustivve and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree with 1 – 3 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online