**Position Name:**Information Technology Officer
Supervisor: State Team Lead
Location: Akwa Ibom (1), Taraba (1)
The Information Technology Officer (ITO) supports and increases the use of information and communication technologies in Jhpiego’s program activities including implementing, maintaining, and supporting appropriate and cost-effective information and communication technologies to facilitate information flow among stakeholders and support learning approaches. S/he provides support for online training, meetings, and webinars. The ITO ensures prompt resolution of technical difficulties for Jhpiego staff and partners. S/he ensures the availability of IT consumables and keeps up-to-date inventory to be able to advise on IT consumable usage patterns in both the country office and the state offices. S/he serves as the first contact for technical supports and s/he assists the users to effectively and efficiently use Information Technology resources and tools.
- Assist, mentor, and build the capacity of users at the individual and organizational level in specific areas of expertise including but not limited to mobile technology related to the improvement of health services management and quality improvement of health services.
- Collaborate with the Abuja and Field teams to perform Quality Control of all IT-related procurements.
- Implement routine preventive and timely corrective maintenance of printers, copiers, projectors, and laptops.
- Provide technical support for online meetings, and webinars.
- Configure laptops for Jhpiego staff and partners in line with the Jhpiego global configuration specifications.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware faults and provide solutions in line with global best practices.
- Provide technical supports to IT vendors for the provision of IT services.
- Collaborate with the Abuja and field teams to identify IT needs and make requisitions.
- Ensure all requests for IT support are recorded in the case management system.
- Coordinate the deployment of data systems and work with the program team to test the use of new applications or digital innovations.
- Provide technical support and training to staff on the use of Microsoft 365 for teams collaborations.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT consumables and ensure timely replenishment of stocks.
- BSc or HND in any of Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Electronics Engineering, and Computer Engineering or any other relevant field.
- 5 to 6 years of directly relevant experience required with a minimum of 2 years in IT support services.
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to communicate with diverse people at all levels are highly desired.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the link.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 13th June 2022
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job City Akwa Ibom, Taraba