We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
As Innovation Advisor you will provide technical support which transitions innovations from design and piloting to proof of concept and achieving sustainable scale. You will proactively identify promising solutions within our own programmes and scan the environment for external global health innovations that could be taken up by Options either through partnerships, integration and expansion. This dynamic role will also see you creating commercial opportunities for our innovation work through pitching to potential investors and identifying and supporting submissions to funders. While this role supports our innovation work globally, a key priority will be providing leadership on generating a pipeline of innovations to take to market in focus countries (Kenya, Nigeria and/or Nepal) in conjunction with our national teams.
The advisor will support three key areas:
- Marketing innovative solutions to funders;
- Identifying innovations for the market at country level;
- Building capacity and support for design and innovation across the company.
- Experience in developing, supporting and marketing innovations to secure investment;
- Energised by external facing networking to identify synergies, deepen our knowledge in new technical markets, and open opportunities to grow our portfolio of impactful innovations;
- Existing networks and a knowledge of innovation platforms and funders to capitalise on to rapidly deliver and deepen our value to the innovations sector in Kenya and/or Nigeria and beyond;
- An impact investing lens, expertise in the whole innovation cycle and insights into the innovation market;
- Bring new perspectives and approaches to Options
- Strong track record in managing complex partnerships and investor/funder relationship management.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package.
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed*.*
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya or Nigeria.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 04 January 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 10 January 2022.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Please submit a 1 page cover letter and maximum 4 page CV outlining your experience for the role.