Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities.
Title: Intern Futuremakers
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: 7-month fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
We are looking for an energetic, proactive person to support the Futuremakers Programme in implementation and ensuring all activities are inclusive and responsive to the needs of persons with disabilities and marginalized groups. This is a full-time internship for 7 months (June– December 2023) from Mondays to Fridays.
Work within the Futuremakers Programme team to support the day-to-day program implementation, coordination with partners and other NGOs, including attending meetings and making follow-ups, participating in awareness and advocacy initiatives. This will include:
- Ensuring activities are implemented in line with the approved workplan.
- Supporting in mobilization, selection, training, follow up and monitoring of job seekers with disabilities capacity building initiatives – Accenture S2S and Yusudi
- Supporting in the day-to-day engagement of the Bridge IT Academy at NITA.
- Work with the programme team to maintain up-to-date participants data base and the employer’s data base
- Convene /attending partners and stakeholders’ meetings as assigned
- Working with partners to plan and coordinate awareness activities.
- Working with the program team to identify enablers to achieving set objectives.
- Support advocacy initiatives.
- Liaise with Government agencies, partners and NGOs.
- Undertake report writing / preparation of programme activities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) or working experience in social sciences with significant interest in the field of disability, social inclusion and advocacy
- Good skills in training and facilitation.
- Strong passion, knowledge and experience on working with persons with disability and marginalized groups.
- Experience in report writing and communications skills.
- This is a hands-on internship, so passion, enthusiasm, and a desire to learn all things program management, facilitation skills and reporting etc.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Horn of Africa: Country MEAL Manager – Mogadishu at ACTED
- DEPUTY FIELD COORDINATOR(M/F)-MUEDA at Solidarités International
- Horn of Africa: MEAL Officer – Hargeisa at ACTED
- Regional Programme Officer (DHIS2) at International Organization for Migration
- Program Support Coordinator at Organisation of Educational Cooperation