AIN Intern_ Gender
Closing Date: 25 February 2022
Directorate: Amnesty National Office
Office Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Gender Intern will assist with gender mainstreaming across projects and promoting gender, intersectionality diversity, inclusion in human rights research, campaigns, media, and programmes within Amnesty International.
The suitable candidates must have demonstrated interest in the human rights of women, gender equality and non-discrimination including an awareness of the topical issues in these areas e.g. through previous work, membership of an organization, involvement in advocacy of human rights, etc and must have a flexible approach to work, and willingness to undertake a range of tasks
Amnesty International is a global movement with the aim to end human rights abuses. Independent, international, and influential; we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. Amnesty International Nigeria is a national entity that is part of the global and we campaign for meaningful human rights change to build a culture of respect for human rights in Nigeria.
- Help draft various papers, which may include technical notes, speeches, articles, opinion pieces, blog posts, reports, campaign materials and public statements
- Monitor human rights developments including decisions by national, regional, and international human rights bodies particularly on gender, intersectionality, and women’s human rights.
- Follow and report on gender, diversity, intersectionality, inclusion, and youth trends through research on strategies, developments, and donor communication and outreach.
- Contribute to gender strategy development, implementation guideline, orientation packs, checklists, and assist in monitoring the implementation of gender policies and report challenges periodically
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher national diploma (HND) in a relevant field or relevant professional qualifications. Degrees in gender/women’s studies, social sciences, law would be an advantage. A master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
Please note that this role is based in Nigeria. Only those legally authorized to work in Nigeria are advised to apply for this job.
There will be a 3-month probation period for all postholders.
For detailed information about the role, please see the JDs below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
How to apply
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2ltcmVuLjYzOTY2LjM4MzBAYW1uZXN0eS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20