AECF is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to fill the position of an Internal Audit Assistant who will be responsible for performing independent, systematic, and objective audit reviews coupled up with programmatic evaluations of operating business processes and procedures.
The incumbent will support the assessment of the effectiveness of controls and degree of compliance to regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Research and support the design and implementation of audit programmes.
- Develop audit notification letters and engage customers in a timely manner.
- Complete risks and controls matrix relating to area under review.
- Conduct desktop reviews.
- Evaluate existing areas of risks and controls within AECF thematic processes and assess them in order of priority
and suggest ways of mitigation.
- Assist in conducting risk-based audits and system compliance audits.
- Review and advise on compliance levels through regular appraisal of the actual operations.
- Review the compliance with laws and regulations, efficiency, and effectiveness of operations (including safeguarding of assets), and reliability of financial and operational reporting.
- Assist in collection of data for the preparation of periodic reports to staff, senior management, and the board, highlighting progress made, challenges faced and insights/learnings from audit activities.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations that will help deliver learnings to AECF team on audit activities.
Audit Follow up
- Assist in determining management action taken to address previous audit findings.
- Assist in maintaining the follow up database.
- Conduct specific analysis as requested by Head of Internal Audit
- Keep track of draft or final reports issued and alert on actions per the Internal Audit SLAs.
- Ensure all audit documentation is well maintained in a repository.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Suitable candidates should:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in business management, finance, or other relevant field of study.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ working experience in audit of private companies.
- Possess the ability to interact with donor-funded organizations.
- Hold a professional qualification in CPA, CIA or CISA.
- Demonstrate proven ability to document findings and provide possible solutions.
- Possess ability to interact and maintain professional standards with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate within the organization and externally.
- Possess excellent written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge in French or Portuguese is an added advantage.
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on:
To be considered, your application must be received by: 27th December 2022
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Executive Advisor at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Program Development Officer, Ethiopia at Samaritan’s Purse
- Communications Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Coordinateur.trice Projet Prise en Charge de la Malnutrition – N’gouri – Tchad – H/F at ALIMA
- Chief of Party, USAID Ethiopia Markets for Sanitation Activity at Population Services International