The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Location: Central Office, Abuja
Department: Internal Audit and Compliance
- Coordinate Head Office operational review and evaluate whether or not internal controls are sufficient and working as intended, operating procedures are being performed consistently and efficiently, and activities within the IHVN (both at central and regional levels) comply with regulatory requirements, legal standards, and standard operating policies.
- Follow up on issues raised and ensure that recommendations are implemented for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and record-keeping.
- Prepare working tools for System strengthening unit including risk assessment process, audit scope/schedule and reporting template for communicating results of audit finding.
- Conduct internal review of Administrative, Finance, Procurement, Human Resource, Training, Grants, Central Warehouse and Information Technology (IT) units or departments to evaluate actual performances to ensure respective performances are in line with the goals and objectives of IHVN and respective operating policies.
- Carry out review of general ledgers and trial balance using Sage 300 ERP.
- Carry out age analysis on receivables and payables using Sage 300 ERP and recommend appropriately.
- Review of all Regional and State offices on a quarterly basis with emphasis on system and operating environment.
- Review of Grant sub-recipients’ activities and follow up on audit issues from previous quarters’ reviews.
- Where necessary carry out third-party confirmation of vouchers and supporting documents.
- Perform any other functions as may be assigned by the unit head from time to time.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- B.Sc./HND in Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Economics (Minimum of Second Class Upper/Upper Credit)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a recognized audit firm
- Conversant with grants and Nongovernmental environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have leadership, coaching and team-building skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Advanced User of Excel
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Excellent audit report writing skills.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining their suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.