Through the project of “Preparing for and responding to the COVID-19 outbreak with a focus on vulnerable populations of South Kordofan and North Darfur, Sudan” funded by USAID- Bureau of Humanitarian assistance, GOAL aimed at providing lifesaving and essential preparedness and response of COVID- 19 pandemic to vulnerable populations in South Kordofan & North Darfur states reaching a total beneficiary population of 448,005 (228,483 Females; 219,522 Males).
The project funded by USAID- Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) supported the continuity of service provision in response to the current context and in line with GOAL’s expertise, GOAL has implemented COVID-19 preparedness and response activities in the pillars of Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and support for Case Management (through in-kind supplies, training, and referral) as identified as priority areas in Sudan’s Country Preparedness and Response Plan. The intervention targeted Talodi, Rashad, Abu Karshola and Habila Localities (as well as Abujubeiha referral hospital) in South Kordofan State and Kutum and Al Waha Localities in North Darfur State including 37 health facilities (32 PHC and 5 referral hospitals) in BHA-supported areas. GOAL expanded to additional geographic areas covered with complementary funding for ongoing health programming, including Dilling, Abujubeiha, and Kadugli in South Kordofan, and Serf Umra and Umbaro in North Darfur, supporting COVID-19 preparation and response in addition to 2 Isolation centers. The intervention complemented GOAL’s current programming funded by BHA and complementary donors in the target geographies in order to minimize the impact of a COVID-19 outbreak, protect development gains and ensure integration into longer-term health system strengthening and resilience-building efforts when the response moves to a recovery phase.
Responsibilities of Consultant
- Refine the evaluation objectives and primary research questions in consultation with GOAL’s technical and management teams based on the ToR
- Devise and test a methodology and evaluation tools to address the specific objectives and individual research questions of the evaluation
- Conduct secondary data collection and research, including using GOAL’s existing project monitoring data, to identify gaps in data coverage and knowledge
- Collect primary data to establish and quantify GOAL’s performance against selected programme indicators and criteria outlined above
- Incorporate GOAL feedback into a draft report and prepare a final report. The final report should both describe the results of the evaluation, and provide actionable recommendations for replicating the project on a larger scale and improving GOAL’s programming in general
- To adequately deploy male and female Field Enumerators in facilitation of GOALs evaluation in all the targeted areas for gender inclusion.
- Supervision of the field work and quality (reliability and validity) of the data/information collected from the field is the primary responsibility of the consultant.
- The consultant will work closely with the GOAL MEAL team at all levels and Project Team. In each step and process, consultation with the PQD coordinator and Head of Programs.
- Consultant will be responsible for consent, data protection, safeguarding, etc
Interested consultants/firms should submit the following:
- Research Proposal/Technical design of the research: Research Methodology including data collection analysis and presentation/reporting
- Proposed evaluation workplan
- CVs of key consultant and other team members where relevant.
- Outline of relevant previous experience in similar kinds of evaluation assignments,
- Financial proposals (please do not include accommodation and domestic travels as it will be provided by GOAL)
Please check the link below for further information about the nature of this consultancy engagement and the application procedure
- Job City Sudan