International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an internationally youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self-development programs, encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship, to harness creativity for a youth system that provides jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with a strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
1. Join the Pipe Project: Installing sustainable tap water stations near playgrounds, city centers, parks, schools and bus stations in Africa; for people to access clean tap water whenever possible.
The project also works to bring awareness to the environmental impact of production and waste of bottled water through two ventures:
- A water kiosk at school: a school based and students managed business selling clean tap water to community residents. It involves financing a community school to set up an onsite water kiosk with specially designed and sustainable products for children to transport tap water at home straight from school. It is both an educational and profitable business – teaching students’ business and entrepreneurial skills, and generating much-needed income for schools.
- Public drinking tap water station: In partnership with urban Communities/Towns/Cities we install our non-breakable drinking water station in Public places for people to access clean drinking tap water free of charge.
2. Jijenge Kijana Fund: a youth livelihood pathway offering microcredit, micro-saving and training which enables ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods
3. Erasmus Plus Projects:
- GO-PRO The main objective of the project is to create space for the development of key information and communications technology (ICT) competences in the field of programming for children and youth. The project plans on achieving this by creating GO-PRO centers where modern programming education can take place and, in the process, awaken the passion to code in the youth. This project is done in collaboration with Meritum (Poland) and International Transformation Foundation (Kenya).
- 4Evergreen This is a project aimed at empowering the youth which ITF will implement in collaboration with the Association for European Cooperation, Development and Communication (CODEC vzw), Belgium. 4Evergreen will bridge 2 programme objectives– to support awareness raising on the environmental and climate goals and taking up innovative practices in a digital era. The project main aim thereafter is to contribute to the just and inclusive transition to sustainable living throughout empowering youth work sector across the globe to raise awareness on environmental issues by personal example and digital tools – the language of young people.
International Relations Assistant – Rwanda Branch:
Reporting to Operations Director, the International Relations Assistant plays a crucial role in bringing forward internationalization in ITF and is involved in many activities mainly creating and overseeing the ITF’s global operations, in particular of ITF’s Rwanda branch. She/he is responsible for all of ITF’s foreign strategic planning and implementation, providing leadership and management of the Rwanda office including program planning, development, and oversight of budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Spearhead the ITF international expansion dubbed “the ITF Dream challenge” by:
- Managing ITF’s Rwanda branch including projects planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and oversight of budgets.
- Initiating international marketing, communications and Fundraising initiatives.
- Facilitate, coordinate and act as primary point-of-contact for Rwanda affairs.
- Maintaining the relationship with current international partners and establishing new relationships with international organizations and states/Governments.
- Identify and prepare a grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for international projects/offices.
- Hire, train/mentor, supervise, and evaluate Rwanda offices volunteer staffs.
- Receive and mentor Rwanda volunteers, ensuring they are well settled and facilitate their quick adjustment to their new environment.
- Organize and evaluate international programs including conferences, events and seminars as well as representing ITF in such.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Basic Knowledge &Skills required:
The applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as International Relations; Communications, marketing etc,
- Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
- Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi-task and prioritize,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
- Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development.
- Candidate must be in the age bracket of 18 – 30.
- For volunteers, a minimum of six months commitment is required.
The volunteer is required to work from the office in Nairobi; at the current time remote working is not an available option.
Although ITF Volunteers enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF Staff operates on a full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.
How to apply
Complete this application form: http://www.itfsecretariat.org/volunteer.html
For any queries get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +254 799189233, @ITFSecretariat on Twitter & Facebook.
We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses as mentioned in the above paragraph (Compensation).
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Account & Administration Assistant at International Transformation Foundation
- Consultance pour l’évaluation finale du projet d’assistance médicale et de renforcement du système de santé en RCA
- Horn of Africa: Project Development Officer – Mogadishu at ACTED
- Kenya: Project Development Volunteer – Nairobi at ACTED
- Horn of Africa : Transparency and Compliance Manager – Mogadishu at ACTED