Position: Investigations Assistant
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The mission of CTG is to partner with the world’s most effect humanitarian organisations to provide support in enabling the success of projects; to provide a duty of care to staff who operate in conflict-affected countries & to ensure that all of our business practices remain ethical & uphold human rights.
- To support the Quality & Ethics Manager conduct administrative investigations to establish whether CTG staff have breached internal policies & procedures.
- To help improve the development of prevention policies & mitigation measures through the tracking & reporting of cases & lessons learned.
- To maintain processes for investigating, documenting & reporting on performance & discipline incidents with effective organization skills & report writing skills.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting in the management of minor performance & disciplinary issues (i.e. absence to work, poor performance, adherence to SOPs, etc.).
- Supporting in the investigation of major disciplinary issues (i.e. fraud, corruption, SEAH, theft, etc).
- Arranging & conducting interviews with consultants & other stakeholders where required.
- Keeping detailed minutes of any interviews & meetings held in relation to disciplinary cases.
- Gathering, recording & securely retaining evidence relating to an investigation in accordance with CTG investigations division guidelines.
- Drafting warning letters, termination letters & other performance management documentation (& developing a precedent bank).
- Supporting the drafting of investigations plans, investigations reports & management implication reports.
- Drafting correspondence with clients & other parties.
- Keeping files organised & up to date in electronic format.
- Keeping an updated case / investigation tracker in electronic format.
- Supporting in the preparation of awareness & prevention training for staff.
- Supporting the ethics committee with administrative & project matters when there is capacity.
- This role reports to the Ethics & Quality Manager.
- Diploma in Legal Studies, Business Studies, International Affairs, Development Studies or similar is required, a Bachelor’s Degree in the same disciplines would be desired.
- HR management certification / diploma will be an advantage.
- Investigations training is preferable.
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience is desirable.
- Experience dealing with disciplinaries, investigations is preferable.
- Experience working in the HR & / or humanitarian sector is preferable.
- Experience within Africa & Middle East is desirable.
- Fluency in written & spoken English is required.
- Arabic language skills is favourable.
- French language skills is favourable.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a self starter & able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Be comfortable handling large workload, working under time pressure, managing multiple issues at once.
- Have strong organisational skills, ability to follow up on issues & prioritise.
- Possess excellent attention to detail & accuracy.
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Have superior research skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion with confidential matters.
- Have experience with online document management systems.
- Have business proficiency in computer systems & MS Office applications.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply