Transparency International UK (TI-UK) invites concepts for the provision of Research into transparency, integrity, corruption or accountability in the global financing or deployment of COVID-19 vaccines. This tender pack has been compiled to provide all the information required to understand our requirements, and complete a response to the tender, should you wish.
Location of Consultancy
Remote / Dependent on Proposal
Length of Consultancy
Research finished and outputs delivered by August 1st 2022
Transparency International’s Global Health programme is opening a call for research partners in order to better understand transparency, integrity, corruption and accountability in the global financing or deployment of COVID-19 vaccines.
We will use findings in advocating for greater transparency and accountability in the ongoing vaccine rollout, and in future pandemic preparedness.
Research Project Objectives
The concept must explain how the project will carry out the following:
· Each funded grant should result in at least one tangible output – e.g. research report and policy recommendations, an interactive dashboard, or evidence based tool that can be used to further transparency.
· Focus on the either or both the deployment and financing of COVID-19 vaccines from the perspective of at least one of the below. Further details of topics of interest are in Annex 1 in the full information pack.
· Have regional or global relevance- concept notes should look consider either global/regional deployment and financing, or consider how, or more than one nation to come to globally significant recommendations.
Additional consideration will be given to those proposals that:
· Demonstrate consideration as to how proposed research will contribute towards advancing the policy agenda in order to help ensure the research is used. Provide information on if the partner could co-work with TIGH to promote the work and to achieve policy change
· Provide evidence that can lead to improved anti-corruption and transparency policy during future pandemics / in pandemic preparedness
· Relate to one of the four TI priority areas outlined in Annex 1 in the full information pack attached to this page. This should however not discourage researchers from proposing their own novel ideas
Overall Granting Information
Deadline is 5pm GMT 16/05/2022
We invite proposals of between £3,500 and a maximum of £14,000. The overall amount requested will be factored into the evaluation criteria.
After the initial grants are selected TIGH will work with the partners for a period of two weeks to refine and define the proposal if needed.
Consultants and other entities can work together under one grant providing there is a clear point of contact for the work. The grant will be awarded to the lead entity, who will then be responsible for allocation amongst sub-recipients.
Answers to questions and explanatory calls will be offered for a period of two weeks after the publication of this invitation (04/05/2022).
How to apply
Full details on how to submit concepts are found within the full information pack attached on this page.