Plan International Nigeria invites interested and eligible bidders to submit tender documents for the following works:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Sale of Used Vehicles
Tender No: PIN/CO/22/001
Plan International Nigeria is auctioning two used vehicles that are currently sitting in our Maiduguri field office, per Terms of Reference.
These Terms of Reference apply for the sale/auction of two (2#) vehicles – Toyota Highlanders, 2007 and 2009 model.
These rules apply to bidders as well as successful bidders [‘purchaser(s)’] and the terms and conditions will be deemed to be accepted by them on completion of registration as a bidder:
- All Bidders must register online via the link provided below to participate in the auction. Any bid made without proper registration will be invalid,
- The description and details of the vehicles are as follows and displayed on Plan International Nigeria notice board in the Maiduguri office
- Viewing can be done in person at our office situated at No. 2 Dipcharima Road, GRA Maiduguri, Borno state also, known as the Seller’s premises,
- Viewing is a free service and potential bidders do not have to register to view the vehicles, but will be expected to comply with security protocol and procedures to enter the premises,
- To participate in the online auction, bidders when registering must provide their details including full name for individual bidders or company name, physical address, proof of identification (National ID card, International passport, Driver License, etc.) and valid email address,
- As part of the registration, bidders must upload copies of their identity document,
- All bidder will be request to sign the Personal Data Consent Request Form and upload it via the link below along with their online registration
- The auction will be recorded. Both the bidders’ record and the vendor roll are available for inspection free of charge during normal business hours,
- The auction date and time will be communicated via the valid email provided during registration and will not be delayed for anyone,
- During the pre-bidding process, other registered buyers can bid against you,
- Pre-bidding is open on both vehicles for sale, prior to the auction. During the pre-bidding process the buyers can not regulate the bid increments,
- Once pre-bidding closes, the live auction will commence, whereby the Auctioneer will regulate the bid increments,
- The highest pre-bid amount on any vehicle will be the starting bid for the Auctioneer,
- If bidders are successful, they must produce the originals of the above-mentioned documents to the seller within two working days of the conclusion of the auction,
- The sale by auction is complete at the auctioneer’s fall of the hammer or any other customary manner and, until that announcement is made,
- All funds including the purchase price (hammer price), commission, fees, and VAT payable by the successful bidder, will be paid directly to the seller, and the auctioneer does therefore not require a trust account,
- The payment for the bided items by the purchaser must be done to the seller’s account no more than 48 hours after the auction award notification to the purchaser,
- The amount of the commission and other fees payable by the purchaser (including documentation fee) will be announced by the auctioneer at the commencement of the auction and will be displayed on the seller’s website,
- All bids received exclude VAT, commission, and documentation fees. These additional costs are payable by the purchaser and a total breakdown of the costs will be available on the invoice the seller will issue for the successful bid.
- The seller accepts no responsibility for any interruption in internet connection resulting in the bidder being disconnected from the auction, be it the bidder’s or seller’s internet connection interruption for any reason.
- The Seller accepts no responsibility for loss of a potential purchase, should a bid not be recorded as a result of the bidder being disconnected or the online system going offline during the auction process.
- Bidders are responsible for all actions taken on their account name
- The seller may without penalty or prior notice withdraw any item or lots from the auction.
- Should the bidder/purchaser not comply with any of these rules, the bid will be deemed to be invalid, the item may be placed on auction again and a claim for damages may be brought against the bidder/purchaser.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Friday, 20th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here for bids registration and submission.
Questions must be sent by email to: Nigeria.TenderInquiry@plan-international.org with the bid reference in the subject: PIN/CO/22/011.
- Plan International does not charge bidders fee for submitting bids for this auction or to register to have access to our information.
Click Here for a detailed and complete tender document.