Hope for Justice exists to bring an end to modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives and reforming society. Around the world, we are growing a movement of abolitionists who believe freedom is worth the fight. Our team works from more than 30 locations across five continents. If you’re looking to make a difference, this is the place for the you.
Hope for Justice is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are a global organisation with staff from a wide variety of backgrounds, and ensure through our recruitment processes that we continue to welcome candidates from all walks of life. If you feel that your skills and experience fit one of our advertised roles, and you share our values and mission to end slavery, then we strongly encourage your application regardless of your background.
Position: IT Administrator
Hope for Justice in Uganda is looking for an experienced IT Administrator to join the Uganda Administration team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the organisation’s global IT estate (with particular focus on the African countries) to ensure that systems, applications and solutions effectively and securely support the organisation’s activities, provide remote IT support to, and knowledge transfer across the global userbase (with particular focus on the African countries) and provide hands-on support for in-country IT assets.
• Administration of the Microsoft 365 environment and other cloud-hosted systems as required
• To provide in-person support and remote support to the global userbase
• To facilitate the transfer of knowledge across the global userbase about effective use of technology
• The hands-on support for in-country IT assets such as the equipment located in the main offices, Lighthouses, regional hubs etc., as well as end-user equipment that is brought into these locations
• Prepare equipment for new starters (e.g., laptop), access to relevant systems (incl. M365 SharePoint, M365 email etc.) and assist with the on-boarding procedure
• Trouble shooting system (e.g., PCs, Email, Data security, Internet problems), diagnosing and solving issues with hardware/software
• Ensure anti-virus and MS Windows security update, and data backup on all computers
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting systems (e.g., printers, laptops, security access systems, video conference systems etc.)
• Installing new software and hardware components as needed
• Regularly evaluating our IT systems to ensure they meet the necessary demands
• Ensuring data storage is safe and secure • Educate the userbase on aspects of information security
• Educate in use of SharePoint, emailing, filing and organising of their folders etc as necessary
• Maintain inventory of all electronic devices at Hope for Justice
• Maintain all devices up to standard with our IT and Data protection policies and procedures • Other tasks assigned by Line Manager
• Relevant qualification in computer science or similar subject
• 2 to 3 years minimum working in an IT department administering Microsoft and/or Google collaboration platforms
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365, Windows 10 / 11, TCP/IP networking, mobile device management
• Familiar with computer hardware • Experience in PowerShell a bonus
- Job City Kampala