About DanChurchAid Kenya
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
Who we are looking for:
DCA Kenya is seeking an IT Helpdesk Support Provider for our growing office and team. The candidate will be a skilled problem-solver able to communicate with users at all levels of technical proficiency, troubleshoot, resolve and document user help requests for desktop, laptop, mobile, network and peripheral problems and generally help prioritize issues and resolve in a timely way taking into account cost and efficiency considerations. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer and provide remote support to field staff in several counties. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible and adaptive thinker who is good with communication and takes initiative to solve problems and maintain equipment.
The IT support function will coordinate and deliver various ICT related services in accordance with established DCA policies and procedures. They will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to staff to ensure efficient operation and use of DCA IT equipment and Internet services.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain IT equipment, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure and maintain applications, computer software and hardware- Keeping them in good operating conditions.
- Support the Finance and Support Services office to maintain inventory of IT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of IT-related services that meet DCA business requirements and needs.
- Back-up data and recover lost data.
- Serve as the first point of contact for DCA staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email and walk them through the problem-solving process.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by staff.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide input and recommendations on IT policies, procedures, products or services such as product specifications and cost comparison.
- Document events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Track and update staff on status and information related to IT.
- Run reports to determine recurrent IT issues and malfunctions.
- Communicate any feedback or suggestions by staff to the appropriate internal team.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Gain feedback from staff about computer usage and any other information in relation to IT.
- Provide training to staff upon orientation on various DCA IT policies and procedures as well as ensuring non- IT staff are provided with adequate and appropriate training based on the needs identified.
- Interface with DCA helpdesk to coordinate DCA staff IT software set-up and maintenance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Good understanding of computer systems, LAN systems, databases, mobile devices and current tech products and applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic/ complicated technical issues.
- Proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong customer-service focus.
- BSc in IT, Computer Science, Computer Programming, or relevant field
- Trustworthy and professional
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit:
- A cover letter highlighting brief explanation about the consultant and his/her experience/ability to undertake the assignment.
- A detailed Curriculum vitae of the consultant detailing the academic, professional, and technical experience relevant to this assignment.
- Copies of academic certificates.
- At least three reference letters.
- National ID and KRA Pin certificate.
- Details of persons/firms (emails adress and mobile contacts) whom similar services have been offered.
- A financial proposal (daily rate fee) for rendering the services.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 8th June 2023
The email subject should read: IT Consultant- DanChurchAid Kenya Tender No: DCA/06/05/2023
DanChurchAid reserve the right to accept or reject any bid in part or wholly and does not bind itself to accept the lowest applicant. Bidders will receive communication from DCA office. Any form of canvassing either directly or indirectly shall lead to disqualification.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Chef·fe de Mission – RCA – basé à RCA-Bangui at Première Urgence Internationale
- Programme Officer (HACT), NOA, FT at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Country Director at ActionAid (AA) Nigeria
- Human Resources & Admin Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)