The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Intern
Requisition ID: req42317
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Employment Category: Intern
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds, and printer support. Ensuring that computer peripherals such as scanners, printers, photocopiers, monitors, mice, and others are configured and properly working for all field staff members.
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 & 11 support, office 365 support, general laptop, desktop, and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting. Providing assistance to end users for the configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support for all requests.
- Hardware Inventory – This position will support with imaging, distributing, and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software. Working in collaboration with the IT Officer/IT Team to ensure that end users’ computers are set up and configured with the IRC standard Operating system and applications versions (IRC image). Maintaining up-to-date IT documentation reflecting current computer assets status and network configurations.
- Observe and uphold the IRC IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- Perform other duties as directed by the IT Lead.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: IT Officer/Snr. IT Manager.
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirectly Reports: Snr. IT Coordinator if applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science and/or equivalent in a relevant field
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Experience in desktop and laptop installation and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Applications suite installation and troubleshooting
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Good customer service skills
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross-cultural contexts.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in the Country’s official language – English.
- Customer & client-centered and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent English and other major Country languages communication skills including speaking, listening, and writing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Laboratory Services Consultants – C19RM at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) – 2 Openings
- Nutrition Capacity Building Manager at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Digital Application Officer at the African Union (AU)
- Program Management Officer at the African Union (AU)
- Nutrition Capacity Building Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)