TITLE: IT Officer
SUPERVISOR: Head of Finance and Operations
START DATE: 13th April 2022
END DATE: 14th September 2022 (Renewable contract subject to availability of funds and performance)
HIAS seeks an IT Officer to provide technical support to users in all areas related to Personal Computers (PC), PC related hardware/software, E-Mail, Mobile voice/data devices, Network and Internet services for its offices in the country. User support includes but is not limited to all device related peripherals; software; enterprise class applications; and audio-visual components, video conferencing and basic account administration. S/he provides end user assistance in-person at their location, via telephone, or using an electronic medium such as email, chat or remote support tools, and equally supports, manages and administers the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and respective equipment (servers, routers, wireless, etc.), including all manners of maintenance for both hardware and software (TCP-IP, DNS, Operating System, etc.).
- Provides technical support to users for IT related hardware and software.
- Provides IT support, training, and orientation for staff and new technology users.
- Supports and administers the local area network (LAN), Internet services and respective equipment (servers, routers, wireless, etc.), including all manners of maintenance of its associated hardware and software.
- Ensures the daily optimal performance of all computer systems.
- Installing, configure and deploy appropriate software and functions according to specification and knowledge in O365, Microsoft Azure and Active Directory
- Ability to develop, follow and monitor IT project budget accordingly.
- Procure, Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs hardware and software according to the standards set by HIAS’ Information Technology Department and HIAS Global security standards.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory of computer equipment and software and provides information to management to support budgetary decisions.
- Maintains, repairs or replaces computing device related peripherals.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems with PC hardware and software and with mobile voice/data units; Coordinates vendor support where necessary.
- Keeps individuals informed as to the status of their request for IT assistance;
- Sets up equipment and accounts for employee use, ensuring installation of appropriate software. At the same time, ensures that all equipment is returned and accounts terminated when employees leave.
- Confers with management, HQ/Regional IT colleagues, and employees to establish requirements for new systems or enhancements to processes.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to country office management on IT related component and IT security.
- Instructs and provides training to employees in the proper use of IT related software and hardware.
- Maintains close coordination with HQ IT peers to implement global IT projects.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
· A+ certification or network certification preferred.
· A minimum of five (5) years in technology support environment.
· Previous experience in NGOs highly desired.
· Ability to travel to other office locations in the country, as needed.
· Experience in Microsoft 365 platform & Microsoft Azure
· Written spoken fluency in English.
· Understanding with ability to use Collaboration tools and Networking kits
· Availability to work occasional after-hours and weekends for IT related projects.
· Strong self-starter with demonstrable ability to adapt to changing priorities and emergency priorities that may arise.
· Ability to work successfully within deadline requirements.
· Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
· Ability to work in a demanding and high-pressured environment
· Knowledge in AAP
· Knowledge in PSEA
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required or permanent location. Location is subject to change based on programmatic needs. Flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing work environment with many crucial deadlines. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours of responsibilities as needed.
SAMPLE HIRING PROCESS:
We are committed to a fair and respectful hiring process, and we do our absolute best to respond to every applicant. We prioritize communication and transparency with all candidates, even those who are not moving forward. Here’s a snapshot of our hiring process:
Step 1: Submit your application!
Step 2: Phone screen with a Human Resources staff person.
Step 3: Interview with the hiring manager.
Step 4: Interview with a panel of HIAS employees.
Step 5: Reference check.
Step 6: Offer and background check.
Step 7: Start your professional journey with HIAS!
Note: Some of our hiring processes may vary, and not all candidates will advance to each step.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité • הכנסת אורחים (Hachnasat Orchim)
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice • צדק (Tzedek)
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie • חסד (Chesed)
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération • חברותא (Chevruta)
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage • אומץ (Ometz)
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience • רוח (Ruach)
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation, or other legally protected status.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the link https://hias.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1973745&&&nohd#job quoting the position title: IT Officer on the subject. Indicate your salary expectation as well.
Closing Date: 25th March 2022
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.