- Background Information on Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child, but this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination, and its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Read more about Plan International’s Global Strategy: 100 Million Reasons at https://plan-international.org/strategy
2. Summary of the requirement
Plan are seeking additional Video Editors with experience in fast turnaround content, highly skilled in after effects, experienced in grading, sound fixing and creating graphics to add to our existing supplier base. The Editor is a supporting role to the Video Producer and work from home, occasionally Plan’s headquarters’ office in Global Hub, Woking, United Kingdom, if required. This person is a key position in helping Plan International’s Communications Department tell the story of Plan Internationals work by producing quality video and multi-media material for media, Plan’s National Offices and website use. We are currently looking to add to our existing supplier base of contracted Video Editors due to increasing demands and volume of content in development.
Working with Plan’s Video Producer the Video Editor will be expected to produce engaging, accurate and innovative films to help build Plan Internationals Brand. As well as this they are expected to support Plan Internationals core campaigns through film, to help promote key messages to elevate the campaign’s profile in advocacy, fundraising and media circles and increase awareness and audience as required.
3. ITT Overview and Instructions
Plan International are inviting interested parties to submit a Proposal for the provision of ad hoc Video Edition services as part of a competitive process for the provision of video edition services. Successful Bidder(s) will be expected to enter into a Long Term Agreement on a non-exclusive basis with our organisation. Plan International reserves the right not to award a contract as a result of this Invitation to Tender, or to award to multiple successful Bidders.
Expectations of the Video Editor:
- Working with Plan’s Video Producer and Media Manager, ensure that stock footage and materials are backed up, catalogued and securely stored.
- To ensure that all deliverables are delivered on time, and that deadlines are met.
- This is a busy Video Production Department so the Editor must be able to effectively manage their own time and handle competing demands to complete the task.
- The Editor will need to be able to assist and advise on technical issues around film formats & resolutions Etc; advise colleagues and provide direction on which type of media is appropriate for various platforms.
- This role has contact with a wide range of staff at all levels throughout the organization. The Editor should be comfortable working with different internal stakeholders.
3.2 Requirements (to be met in full):
- The selected Consultant should be an accomplished editor who is comfortable with a range of equipment and systems. The editor should have access to her/his/their own computer to edit on in either Premier or similar. Plan International will not provide equipment to the Consultant.
- The Editor should have work experience in a similar commercial or voluntary sector role and who is accustomed to the demands of a busy video suite.
- The Editor should have strong creative skills and ideas and the ability to work closely with others.
- The Editor should have strong team skills and the ability to work well under pressure with others
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) is required. French and/or Spanish is desirable.
· Experiences and knowledge
- Knowledge of international development would be beneficial and experience of working in and with different cultures, particularly in the developing world.
- The Editor should be comfortable working with Premier for editing and have sufficient experience in compression/encoding audio and video.
- The Editor should have relevant work experience in a broadcast/video production facility.
- The Editor should be extremely experienced with After Effects
3.3 Instructions to Tenderers
These instructions are designed to ensure that all Bidders are given equal and fair consideration. It is the Bidders responsibility to ensure their offer is complete and that you provide all the necessary information asked for in the format specified, or risk your offer being rejected. Further details can be found in section 8 of this ITT document, ‘Submission Checklist.’
Women-owned businesses and companies actively engaged or advancing gender equality and women empowerment in the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Documents comprising this tender pack are as follows:
· Tender Dossier: ITT FY22 0164- Video Editor (this document)
· ANNEX B – Supplier Questionnaire (please request this document to email@example.com). Please include include the ITT reference number: ITT FY22 0164- Video Editor in the subject headline.
Tenderers are required to submit their proposal, inclusive of all required annexes, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers must be received by the deadline specified in the section ‘3.4 Key Dates and Timelines.’
The offer and all correspondence and documents related to the tender must be written in English and PDF format. No links will be accepted (except links to examples of previous work)
Unless stated otherwise, all communications from Bidders in relation to this tender, including Clarification Questions, must be directed to email@example.com and must include the ITT reference number: ITT FY22 0164- Video Editor
3.4 Key Dates and Timelines
The following table outlines the key dates and timelines associated with this tender process. Plan International reserves the right to change these at any time as the tender progresses. To maintain transparency, fairness, and adequate time to prepare your offers, Plan International will inform all interested Parties of any changes to these key dates and timelines simultaneously and in a timely fashion.
– Issue of Invitation to Tender: 26th Abril 2022
- Deadline for supplier submission of clarifications questions: 6th May 2022
- Deadline for Plan to respond to clarification questions: 10th May 2022
- Deadline for submission of offers: 17th May 2022
- Plan Review of Offers: 18th– 20th May 2022
- Supplier presentations / interviews: 26th – 27th May 2022
- Contract Award: 30th – 31st May 2022
- Contract starts: 17th June 2022
Bidders are required to submit a financial proposal. All prices must be quoted in GBP and exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). If based outside the UK please provide fees in both GBP AND your invoicing currency.
It is expected that prices will be fixed for the duration of the contract and quotes valid for a maximum period of 90 calendar days following the Closing Date of this tender. If for any reason you are unable to guarantee fixed pricing for the duration of the contract, any projected price increases should be clearly stated in your tender.
To ensure a fair and transparent process, Plan International will not be able to divulge budget information relating to this tender or associated Projects. It is expected that Bidders submit their best possible financial offer at the point of submission.
The successful Bidder will be required to pay their staff who work on this contract at least the National Living Wage.
4. Selection Criteria
Bids will be assessed against predetermined criteria which has been developed and agreed by the Tender Panel prior to launching this Tender process. The information gathered in your proposal/offer and any other requested documentation, will be used to evaluate and score each Bid against this set criteria. Please find further details in the below table:
Criteria: Tender Compliance and Completion
Satisfactory completion of all documentation requested with sufficient information, submitted no later than the Closing Date specified.
Weight: Pass/Fail. Bidders who do not meet these minimum requirements will not have their Bids further assessed.
– Technical Proposal: 65%
Skills and experience: The Consultant demonstrates that their meet the requirements in 3.2
– Financial Proposal: 30%
· Fixed pricing
· Value for Money
– Gender Responsive 5%:
Gender Sensitive Practices and Policies:
As part of our ongoing Gender Responsive Procurement Initiatives, Bidders will be allocated 5% of the overall score if they meet one or more of the following:
- If headed up by a woman
- If supplier is a women-owned business: A legal entity in any field that is more than 51% owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women.
- If the % of women in management positions is over 35%
- If % of women workers is 55% or above
- If robust gender equality initiatives are in place and active. E.g. WEPs signed, gender equality procurement policy, any additional gender-sensitive program implemented.
5. Evaluation of offers
The Tender Panel will review all Bids to ensure they meet the minimum requirements listed under the ‘Compliance’ section in the above table. Following this, each Bid will be assigned a score on the basis of predetermined criteria and their associated weighted scorings.
The contract(s) will be awarded to the Bidder(s) who represent the best overall value for Plan International in terms of the evaluation criteria set out above. By participating in this tender, you acknowledge and understand that Plan reserves the right to:
- Decide not to award to any supplier
- Decide to award to one or more suppliers
- Decide to readvertise the opportunity
- Not necessarily accept the lowest cost offer
Notification of award of contract will be issued via e-mail.
6. Terms & Conditions
By submitting a Bid as part of this Tender process, you also acknowledge and understand that:
Ø Plan International will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred in the preparation of your offer
Ø You or your company will undergo vetting checks against an Anti-Terrorism and Sanctions Database as part of due diligence protocols
Ø Plan International reserves the right to keep confidential the circumstances that have been considered for the selection of the offers
Ø Part of the evaluation process may include a presentation from the Bidder and a site visit by Plan International staff, where applicable and necessary
Ø Plan International reserves the right to alter the schedule of tender and contract awarding
Ø Plan International reserves the right to cancel this tender process at any time and not to award any contract
Ø Plan International reserves the right not to enter into or award a contract as a result of this invitation to tender
Ø Plan International does not bind itself to accept the lowest, or any offer
Ø Any attempt by the Bidder to obtain confidential information, enter into unlawful agreements with competitors or influence the evaluation committee or Plan International during the process of examining, clarifying, evaluating and comparing tenders will lead to the rejection of its offers and may result in the termination of a current contract where applicable
Ø You accept in full and without restriction the conditions governing this tender as the sole basis of this competition, whatever its own conditions of sale may be, which you hereby waive
Ø You have examined carefully, understood and comply with all conditions, instructions, forms, provisions and specifications contained in this tender dossier. You are aware that failure to submit a tender containing all the information and documentation expressly required, within the deadline specified, may lead to the rejection of the tender at Plan International’s discretion
Ø You are not aware of any corruption practice in relation to this competition. Should such a situation arise, we shall immediately inform Plan International in writing
Ø You declare that you are affected by no potential conflict of interest, and that you and our staff have no particular link with other Bidders or parties involved in this competition. Should such a situation arise during performance of the contract, you shall immediately inform Plan International in writing
Ø You accept Plan International’s standard terms of payment which are 30 days after the end of the month of receipt by Plan of a proper invoice or, if later, after acceptance of the Goods or Services in question by Plan International Ltd
7. Plan International’s Ethical & Environmental Statement
· The organisation should establish environmental standards and good practices that follow the principles of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, and in particular to ensure compliance with environmental legislation
· The organisation should seek to set reduction targets in areas where the organisation’s activities lead to significant environmental impacts
8. Submission Checklist 1. Technical Proposal**
· Please explain how you meet the requirements
· Include CV and registration details
· Include examples of previous work
· Include 2 professional references (ideally in the development/INGO sector)
2. Financial Proposal
Please provide your daily/hourly fees and any additional costs
3. Annex B – Supplier Questionnaire
Please complete with all requested information and return in word format.
Please complete only applicable fields. If some of the information requested does not apply to you please specify why.
How to apply
Responses should be submitted no later than 23.59 (BST), 17 May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use reference “**ITT FY22 – 164 Video Editor**” in all communications.