Location: Bujumbura, Burundi (with a possibility of remote working periods in Italy)
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract.
Deadline: 17 May 2022
Starting date: June 2022
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
WeWorld-GVC, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC has been present in Burundi since 1995 and is currently active in different 15 provinces of the country. During these 25 years of continuous presence in the country and thanks to the financing of different donors (ECHO, Italian Cooperation, USAID, UNICEF, FAO, WFP, Netherlands Embassy, GIZ, DUE, UNHCR), WeWorld-GVC has carried out actions in the sector of health, nutrition, food security, protection, EHA.
The Junior Finance Officer (East Africa Programs) works under the direction of the East Africa Regional Finance Manager (RFM).
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Project financial management
· Supporting the RFM to set up projects’ modules on the accounting program (upload new budgets and amendments)
· Supporting the RFM to monitor the Countries’ accounting, checking monthly and quarterly Reconciliations, checking import files for the accounting program
· Supporting the RFM to monitor and record the allocation of Project Staff Costs and Direct HQ support Costs to the Projects’ Budgets
· Supporting the RFM to provide to the Countries the supporting documents for the expenses incurred in Italy
· Supporting the RFM to implement other activities, if requested: Financial Planning, Budgeting etc.
· Supporting the RFM to monitor financial reports deadlines
· Collaborating with the RFM to provide support to Countries in the preparation of financial reports
· Supporting the RFM to verify the compliance with donor and internal rules
· Providing support to the RFM to perform projects’ expenditures verification and external audits and collect the related documents
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· Degree in Economics, Political Science or related fields, or equivalent
· Fluency in Italian, French and English is a must
· Excellent computer competency including full working knowledge MS Office and Internet
· At least 1 year of relevant work experience in a finance/accounting position
Skills and Abilities:
· Accountancy skills
· Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies
· Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
· Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
· Demonstrates integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Job City Bujumbura