360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a holistic health-based development organization, focused on addressing disparities, poor health systems and the inequalities in accessing health care services to under-deserved communities by utilizing innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector.
360HSDC is seeking for a Knowledge Management and Communications Expert to support USAID’s Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen). NextGen is the follow-on to the current Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC-PSM) Program. By providing commodities and systems strengthening technical assistance, NextGen seeks to transform supply chains for global health programs and achieve the following;
- Maximize the availability, quality, and affordability of medicines and other health products and achieve better health outcomes for the populations served.
- Advance the capacity, resiliency and sustainability of locally-managed procurement and supply chains in developing countries.
- Increase value for the US taxpayer and reduce the chances of waste, fraud and diversion even further.
In the Comprehensive Technical Assistance for Health Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Management (Comprehensive TA) under the NextGen Program, the Knowledge Management and Communications Expert will support the Knowledge Management Advisor in providing operational services and technical assistance for Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC), as relevant to supply chain and pharmaceutical management activities. S/he will support the development and execution of strategic measures to capture and share technical knowledge gained on the project. S/he will advise and coordinate communication and media efforts on the project including developing communications strategies and conducting advocacy, ensuring measurable awareness of project activities and effective engagement with relevant stakeholders. This is a position for a proposal the organization is working on.
- Collaborate with the Knowledge Management Advisor to develop a KMC strategy for individual Task Orders, Comprehensive TA and/or NextGen.
- Establish and maintain processes and/or platforms for knowledge management of deliverables, outputs and outcomes for individual Task Orders, Comprehensive TA and/or NextGen.
- Harmonize or align communications formats across NextGen.
- Collaborate with the Knowledge Management Advisor to develop strategic communication materials for key audiences such as success stories, fact sheets, or other communication materials- in support of USAID missions or USAID/Washington.
- Collaborate with the Knowledge Management Advisor to develop and implement strategies for sharing information with supply chain and pharmaceutical practitioners, technical partners, decision-makers, and other key audiences within LMICs.
- Develop and implement plans for knowledge management, communication platforms, or other deliverables at the conclusion of individual Task Orders, Comprehensive TA, or NextGen.
- Provide KMC services and coordination in support of the Comprehensive TA IDIQ and/or other projects under NextGen.
- Support broader learning and coordination efforts.
- Set up and manage knowledge-sharing events with the project’s technical experts to ensure the broad dissemination of the goals and objectives including lessons harnessed that could be beneficial to current partners, prospective partners, and the public through seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge repositories via cloud-based platforms.
- Organize and facilitate public outreach and awareness campaigns including technical workshops, training programs, forums, and other relevant platforms to increase stakeholder engagement and awareness.
- Lead internal and external communications about the project on approved media platforms.
- Conceptualize, create, collate, and curate project-based social media/website content and manage social media and online community engagement.
- Collaborate with the Programs team to generate communication materials such as newsletters, success stories, picture and video publications, blog posts, radio broadcasts, etc.
- Ensure compliance with USAID’s Branding and Marking Strategy, as well as the organization’s brand principles and values.
- Identify creative, innovative, efficient, and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: (Degree in Communications, Information Management, Public Health, or related field)
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience; or
- MS/MA/MBA with 6 years of relevant experience; or
- JD/ABD with 5 years of relevant experience; or
- Ph.D. with 4 years of relevant experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 10 years of relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- Field experience in Communications, Knowledge Management, etc., within the public health sector. (See “Education” section for number of years of required experience).
- Previous experience leading development communication and knowledge management.
- Previous experience in designing KMC strategies on US Government-funded projects in LMICs
- Proven understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs, especially on projects for institutional donors like USAID.
- Previous experience developing and/or managing cloud-based knowledge management platforms and processes.
- Prior experience and expertise in public outreach, knowledge sharing, communications strategy, advocacy, and media engagement.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders, including subnational, national and regional governments, civil society, and international donors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the traditional and new media and its role in raising awareness, engagement and shaping public policy.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, or other design software used to produce and layout publications and other communication materials
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to transform technical concepts into content that is relevant and will achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to develop engaging social media content and manage various social media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing, editing, proofreading, copywriting, and copy editing.
Proficiency in English and at least one other language spoken in one of the following regions: West Africa, Central Africa, Europe, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean. Specific language requirements will be assessed based on the needs of each specific engagement.
How to apply
These positions will be based in West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (with current location/address, clearly stated), Cover letter (addressing previous related work, how you intend to carry out this project), certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject, “Knowledge Management and Communications Expert”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.