The Knowledge Management Specialist on Crime Scene Management (hereinafter – Consultant) will work under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager of the PRAVO-Police Project and regular coordination of the EUAM experts.
The Consultant is expected to deliver advice and training in the area of:
- A digital photography in crime scene investigation and other aspects of work of criminalists;
- Use and proper application of criminalistics, dactyloscopy, ballistic, trace, biology and light source kits, securing the crime scene
Taking into consideration the establishment of the position of “ criminalist” within the structure of the SBI, there is a need to train 36 criminalists/staff responsible to collect evidences during the crime scene investigations, 8 in the headquarters and 4 in each territorial unit (by delivering three courses with a duration of up to five days, for 12 participants each).
All planned outputs will be delivered in English. PRAVO-Police will support with interpretation/translation into Ukrainian.
Monitoring and Project Controls
The Project Manager in cooperation with the EUAM experts will conduct the quality control of the deliverables under these terms of reference.
- The Consultant should produce in Word/PDF format training documents, such as: training program, training curricula, training materials (incl. case studies) and other relevant documents needed for successful delivery of the training.
- Final Report. It should be produced in Word/PDF format with title page, lists of annexes (training programme) and references. The document shall be not less than 20 pages excluding the annexes and powerpoint presentation and provide an overview of how the training programme was elaborated/adjusted, the achievements, lessons learned, and recommendations for national training programme.
- PowerPoint presentation for the purpose of presenting the training materials for the participants.
While working on this assignment, the Consultant is expected to be solely responsible for the quality of outputs. In case of any issues or delays arising, he/she will immediately inform the Project Manager.
Communication with the Project Manager on work progress should be on a weekly basis. During the training event and presentation of the reports, the Consultant will closely coordinate with SBI and EUAM.
Required Selection Criteria
- Master’s degree preferably in the security sector or Rule of Law or other related disciplines is required.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of relevant professional experience would be accepted in lieu of Master degree
- With a Master’s Degree a minimum of five years, or with a Bachelor’s Degree a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in crime scene investigation/management as a forensic expert/technician is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in the implementation of projects or developing and conducting training courses related to institutional development law enforcement, rule of law and justice sector is required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Working knowledge of Ukrainian will be considered as an asset
- Strategic Perspective – Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion – Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility – Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused – Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement (IICA) Retainer*
Contract level: I-ICA 2 (ICS10)
Contract duration: Up to 30 work days within 6 months
*If the selected candidate is based in a duty station where there is a national scale, s/he may be offered the local equivalent position.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
How to apply
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER WITH THEIR APPLICATION.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=22988#4