Internal/External Vacancy of Knowledge Management Specialist
No of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Save the Children is seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist (KMS) for an anticipated 4-year USAID-funded Household Economy Approach Utilization (HEA-U) Activity in Ethiopia. The anticipated focus of the new HEA-U Activity is to support evidence-based decision making and strengthen the Government of Ethiopia’s analytic and information management capacity under the new Strengthening Disaster Risk Management Systems and Institutions.
The Knowledge Management Specialist (KMS) will lead the development and management of the HEA-U knowledge management strategy that will promote stakeholder access to, understanding and utilization of HEA livelihood products. The incumbent will lead efforts to document, disseminate and archive HEA-U Activity products and achievements.
This Specialist position is a key position on this program team and will report directly to the
HEA-U Chief of Party. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, but will require extensive
field travel and supervision across the program areas.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Systems Design and Implementation
* Lead the design and implementation of the Household Economy Approach Utilisation (HEA-U) Activity Project Knowledge Management Strategy to guide the development, management and dissemination of information and knowledge products.
* Engage GOE, donors and implementing partners to identify thematic areas and relevant topics to guide development of policy and technical briefs that contribute to the evidence base on food insecurity in Ethiopia.
* Lead the ongoing development and dissemination of research, informational briefs and knowledge products that are customised to stakeholder needs, including Government of Ethiopia (GOE), donors and implementing partners.
* Develop accessible summary versions of major research and analytical products, and in line with the communication strategy, identify appropriate formats and platforms to disseminate results.
* Archive all Activity products in accessible formats that provide the facility to navigate datasets, reports and analysis.
Promoting Learning for Strategy Development and Decision Making
* Develop the HEA-U Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) Plan to enable evidence-based strategic planning, continuous learning, and adaptive management.
* In partnership with GOE and partners, design and facilitate innovative and effective collaboration and learning events to capture and share knowledge, including seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
* Lead the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework to collect regular information to measure results on the performance of the HEA-U strategy.
* In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Communications and Advocacy teams lead the collection, documentation and dissemination of lessons and best practices.
* Communicate top level learning and analysis to ensure that management is able to make informed decisions on a timely basis to scale up and address implementation challenges
Communication and Reporting
* Coordinate, collaborate, oversee lessons, and best practice consolidation to ensure that the HEA knowledge base is configured appropriately for utilisation by a board range of stakeholders.
* Ensure effective storage of assessments, evaluations and research products on the shared folders, and promote use of this knowledge base to strengthen organisational learning.
* Develop one-pager briefs describing the project, key activities, approaches, outcomes and impacts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or preferably Masters Degree in relevant areas of studies
- Eight years of practical experience in a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and provide practitioners with the tools they need to conduct better early warning, timely response and development activities is required
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Previous experience working with livelihoods and food security information systems
- Previous experience working and collaborating within Government systems and processes
- Previous experience working in multi-agency coordination forums
What’s In It for You
* Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
* A family friendly work environment
* Highly collaborative and innovative teams
* Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
* Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
* Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
* Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
* Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities
SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases (this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
Leading: (align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
- Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organization.
Thinking: (align with Ambition, Creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
- Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
Engaging: (align with Collaboration, Creativity)
- Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
- We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?