The Kolisi Foundation has a vision to change narratives of inequality in South Africa. We seek to support people living in under-resourced communities in South Africa, by providing resources, facilitating capacity-building and horizontal learning exchanges, and advocating towards systemic change. The Kolisi Foundation’s mission is shaped around the following three focus areas: Food Security, Gender-Based Violence, and Education and Sports Development.
Based remotely, with a preference for Cape Town, Western Cape – the Kolisi Foundation seeks to appoint a
The Junior Accountant reports to the Finance Manager and is part of the Finance Team of the Kolisi Foundation. The Junior Accountant is responsible for collecting and maintaining financial data, for maintaining accurate records of business transactions including recording and calculating income and expenses, making bank transactions, creating sales invoices and raising purchase invoices. The Junior Accountant will also support the Finance Director in their financial reporting, year-end and compliance duties. This role has growth prospects within the Finance Team.
The Junior Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Financial accounting
– Preparation of payment requisitions and loading of payments
– Checking movements on the bank accounts
– Downloading bank statements from internet banking and importing into SAGE pastel software
– Processing all entries on bank statements through SAGE pastel software
– Filing paid and signed off invoices, as well as proof of payments
– Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
– Administration and transaction capturing of company debit cards as well as reimbursement processes for other staff expenses
– Invoicing various debtors as and when instructed/required
– Issue donor receipts including Section 18 A certificates
– Printing of various month end reports from Payroll system and subsequent filing
2. Assist with the following financial reporting:
– Monthly cashflow and forecast and Monthly Management Accounts
– Assistance with donor finance reports
3. Assist with the following financial year end processes and compliance
– Audit (documentation preparation and queries)
– Annual Budget
– Board meeting finance reports
– BBBEE self-certification
The Junior Accountant must meet the following criteria:
- University degree or college diploma in the field ofaccounting.
- Three years direct work experience as organisationaccountant and experience with project accounting.
- Working knowledge of Pastel Sage.
- Technically competent in Microsoft Office Package and database software.
- An understanding of the non-profit sector.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and to apply new technologies.
- Driver’s license and own car
Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa and be willing to travel occasionally. Employment Equity Act – South African (B-BBEE) citizens are encouraged to apply.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday May 20th 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job City Cape Town