IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Finance and Operations Director candidates for the upcoming five-year USAID-funded Private Sector-Led Workforce Development Activity in Kosovo. The activity will seek to harness the leadership of the private sector as a change agent to develop sustainable and innovative models to develop the Kosovo workforce. The private sector’s leadership will offer a radically different approach to sustainability and will strengthen the ecosystem between the business community, education institutions, and policymakers. The Finance and Operations Director will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Only Kosovar citizens or expatriate residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In coordination with COP, provide strategic guidance to ensure deliverables are met and support staff adhere to plans and deadlines.
- Work closely with COP to ensure effective day-to-day management and seamless integration of project activities
- Oversee financial operations and supervise Finance and Operations team
- Provide oversight of administration, logistics, procurement, and human resources
- Maintain familiarity with agreement requirements and monitor compliance, deliverables, and deadlines
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required financial reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Oversee subgrantee budgets and expenditures
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams
- Contribute to effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Kosovo citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Master’s degree in a related field such as International Business Administration, International Development, Financial Management, etc.
- At least eight (8) years of progressive experience, including management experience, in international development, with experience working in Kosovo and/or South Eastern Europe strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive supervisory work experience providing direct supervision of administrative, human resources, or finance staff, as well as direct supervision of professional and support staff responsible for complex programs in developing countries
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent oral, written, teamwork, and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, implementing partners and other donors)
- Professional fluency in English in both written and oral communication. Ability to speak Albanian and/or Serbian is preferred.
How to apply
Please visit https://bit.ly/KosovoFinOps to submit your CV for consideration along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.